Morning Glories

/ Morning Glories #2  
They are fantastic climbers for sure. Most folks love them. We always sell out at the greenhouse every spring with starter transplants.

/ Morning Glories #3  
Gardeners nightmare

/ Morning Glories #6  
I think what farmers do not like is called - Field Bind Weed. Looks 100% like Morning Glory( is a member of the MG family) except to those who know their plants. I was admiring some beautiful Morning Glories on my driveway when my neighbor came over and advised that they were Bind Weeds. He advised that it would be best that I start an aggressive program to eliminate them. That was about ten years ago - they have not spread any since then - I've just left them alone.

I think the problem with Bind Weed & probably Morning Glory, as well, they are tough to eradicate and can cause real difficulties when trying to harvest a crop - such as hay. They can also bring diseases to potatoes, cereal grain crops, beans.............

/ Morning Glories
Gardeners nightmare

True ... that fence is by our garden and by the end of the season most of it is taken over by the Morning Glories. Amazing how fast they grow!