current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!!

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!! #1  

jay42782

Tractor
John Deere 210
30x45 I built.In floor heat.Bathroom with stool,shower,urinal and sink.Also have plumbing on opposite side of building for a game cleaning station...birds,deer,fish...etc.Will be some type of stainless steel setup:D

thickened footings for a 2 post lift that will be installed after I save enough money for insulation and tank less heat setup:eek:

20141101_142306.jpg
20141101_175703.jpg
20141102_084611.jpg
20141106_200013.jpg
20141106_200042.jpg
20141113_162551.jpg
20141127_145616.jpg
20141208_140947.jpg
20150925_200242.jpg
20151010_151351.jpg
20151010_151430.jpg
20151024_131425.jpg
20151106_194351.jpg

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!! #2  
Wow,

Really a nice setup you've got there. Smart way to go with the in floor heat. I had a 32" x 48" built when I was overseas and I love it, but still wish I would've gone bigger. It's amazing how you can plan in your head your future space requirements thinking you have plenty of room for anything you could possibly ever need to store.......and be completely wrong. Mine looked huge until I started parking and storing things in it. Not so much anymore.

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!!
Wow,

Really a nice setup you've got there. Smart way to go with the in floor heat. I had a 32" x 48" built when I was overseas and I love it, but still wish I would've gone bigger. It's amazing how you can plan in your head your future space requirements thinking you have plenty of room for anything you could possibly ever need to store.......and be completely wrong. Mine looked huge until I started parking and storing things in it. Not so much anymore.

I know there never big enough!!

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!! #4  
Hi Jay, nice shop! I'm planning one for next spring. I have some pretty un level terrain and have been struggling with one side lower than the other. What did you fill with to level the floor before pouring the concrete?

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!!
Hi Jay, nice shop! I'm planning one for next spring. I have some pretty un level terrain and have been struggling with one side lower than the other. What did you fill with to level the floor before pouring the concrete?

I hauled in 10 tandem loads of really good clay soil.i built a temporary wall on my low side.i put the material in 1 foot lifts and used a vibratory ramax to compact the soil.held that material minus 10 " from finished floor.about 4 inches of gravel and poured my floor with 4000 psi white Rock at about 5 to 5.5 inches thick

Last edited:
   / current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!! #6  
Nice shop.

A few build questions though.

Are you in a high wind area that requires the 45 degree knee brace from the truss to the post? OR are they temporary? I would think those would be a PITA for finishing the building off.

How are the trusses attached? Did you notch the posts which i looks like? Is that short board on the side + nails the only thing holding the truss to the post? or did you thru-bolt with a few carriage bolts?

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!! #7  
Nice shop.

Are you in a high wind area that requires the 45 degree knee brace from the truss to the post? OR are they temporary? I would think those would be a PITA for finishing the building off.

How are the trusses attached? Did you notch the posts which i looks like? Is that short board on the side + nails the only thing holding the truss to the post? or did you thru-bolt with a few carriage bolts?

Nice shop.

We don't get wind to bad.I put the knee braces on just for extra support.the trusses are lagged and notched sittings in the posts.the small boards where just to help hold the truss in place during the setting process to keep them from falling down untill lagged.this winter when I have some free time I may still run a bolt through each one

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!! #9  
I hauled in 10 tandem loads of really good clay soil.i built a temporary wall on my low side.i put the material in 1 foot lifts and used a vibratory ramax to compact the soil.

Thanks!

/ current project 12 month progress nights and weekends 30x45 shop for the toys!! #10  
Very nice! I've got in floor heat in mine, and it is something I sure don't regret. Wish I'd have put in a bathroom though.

BTW, you have a deer sleeping in your boat! :)