Pulley identification

/ Pulley identification #1  

kmcd

Tractor
Ford 861
SAM_0109.JPGSAM_0110.JPGSAM_0113.JPGSAM_0112.JPG20160417_123648.jpg

This steel pulley is about 13" in diameter and has a keyed center hole about 1/2", and an offset piece with a threaded hole. I was thinking that might be for either a handle or a rod, or perhaps a cam? It has a part number molded into it, P2640-H and a "D" stamped into it. I thought, because of the green color, that it might be a John Deere part but I have done all kinds of searches and can't find it online.

I am hoping someone here knows what this is!

(edited-I tried to add photos, they worked when I previewed the post but not when I checked the post from another person's log in, I will try again!)
Yay, I finally got the pictures to upload!

Last edited:
   / Pulley identification #2  
I'm not familiar with JD but it might possibly be off a sickle bar mower...?

/ Pulley identification #4  
   / Pulley identification
Thanks, everyone! I think I am going to eBay this, it probably doesn't really matter on there but I thought it would be good to know what it was. I don't think it is usable-the threaded port is pretty rusty- so anyone buying it would probably be using it for decor or something.

/ Pulley identification #6  
Post it in the hay cutting threads here on TBN . There are lot of those JD cutters still in use. A good usable part is not wall art when you need to get the hay in.

/ Pulley identification #7  
Rusty threads can be re-cut with the proper die - so, it still may be usable as a working part

/ Pulley identification #8  
that D is a J and a D combined and is a John Deere trade mark,

it is or fits, a John deere 12A combine the P2640 is the hub, and is the straw rack pitman crank Hub, the pulley is a AP 11847H and was used on 1940 and up 12A combines, (possibly could have been used on some thing else, but it was used on the 12A.

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/JDPC/attachments.jsp?associatedPc=PC0356.pdf

PDF page 90, parts book section 40-4

/ Pulley identification #9  
View attachment 465143

This steel pulley is about 13" in diameter and has a keyed center hole about 1/2", and an offset piece with a threaded hole. I was thinking that might be for either a handle or a rod, or perhaps a cam? It has a part number molded into it, P2640-H and a "D" stamped into it. I thought, because of the green color, that it might be a John Deere part but I have done all kinds of searches and can't find it online.
------------

that D is a J and a D combined and is a John Deere trade mark,

------------------
The JD trade mark is easier to see rightside up.

20160417_123648.jpg

/ Pulley identification
So after a couple years' distraction, I got back to dealing with this pulley..I have this and a John Deere gear P/N P2913-H listed on eBay at the following links:
Vintage JOHN DEERE 12-A Combine part AP11847-H/P264-H Pulley/Pitman Crank w/Hub | eBay
Vintage JOHN DEERE Tractor Gear P2913-H | eBay

If you all know anyone looking for old John Deere parts and might be interested, please direct them to my auctions. Any input on pricing is welcome as well.

Also thanks very much to BHD who provided the correct description of the pulley!