Photobucket ?

/ Photobucket ? #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
After 5 year's and a few dozen photo's on Photobucket, I can't seem to get to my pictures, the site keeps freezing up or don't load up and or take's 30 minutes to post one picture, today Photobucket wont even load up, I quit, out of 5, I give PB -1 star. I'm now giving flickr photo sharing site a try and see how that goes

/ Photobucket ? #2  
I see people useing photobucket on here alot. I have always wonder why they use something like that, maybe you can tell me.

/ Photobucket ? #3  
I see people useing photobucket on here alot. I have always wonder why they use something like that, maybe you can tell me.

I started a photo bucket account when those few weeks when the native forum pix uploaded did not work. I haven't messed with it since.

/ Photobucket ? #4  
I used Photobucket several years ago. My goal was to give all my 4 wheeling friends access to pictures I would take during events. Since I had the account I used it here as well. A member here, can't remember who, PM'd me one day and said did you know if you allow public access to your Photobucket pics that you post here that access also allows anyone to see everything you have stored in Photobucket?? I did not. He then started telling me details about the inside of my shop, family members present at shop family gatherings, etc. I stopped using it.

This website now has very good support for pics without a separate provider. It's actually better and easier than it's ever been during my tenure here.

/ Photobucket ?
Maybe my 6 year old hp laptop is half the trouble I have Photobucket, but geez-leweez with all the flipping trouble's I had with TBN the past few months, is nothing compared to the problems I have with PB, it's now constantly freezing up or slow for me, like molasses running up hill in January.

What's the secret of people putting pic. on here that say attachment, then when I click on it, the pic blows up so I can even see the scratches on their tractor?

/ Photobucket ? #6  
Courtesy should dictate that a member posting a picture resize it to something respectable. This is especially helpful for members with a slow connection. But what you are talking about is extremely large pics posted. It might take your computer a few seconds or more to open them. But as you said, once open you can read the brand, size, and mounting instructions printed on the side of their tires!!!!

Xfaxman recently taught me this. When posting with the intent of adding a pic, click on "Go Advanced". Then above where you type your data, and to the far left you'll see a "blue A" block, click on that. Place your cursor where you want the pic to insert. Then in the second row of icons and 3/4 across toward the right side you'll see what appears to be a picture with a square around it, if you place your cursor over it you'll see "insert image". Click on that and then follow instructions for accessing your pic using "my computer" including "upload". Your pic will appear where your cursor was sitting. It will be in a small thumbnail size. If you want it to be larger, double click on the pic. Then select whatever size you want and it will post the pic in your post in the size you chose. Pretty slick. Here's one posted in "full size". This is a pic that has been resized prior to posting so it's manageable. Do the resizing with whatever program you have in your computer. I use "Photo Gallery".

20150306_152044 (1280x720).jpg

/ Photobucket ? #7  
I use photo bucket, as a storage site. I have pictures I've lost when stored on my old computer. Once I got a smartphone, I started saving pictures to PB. If I post a picture, it's linked to my photo bucket account.

/ Photobucket ?
I use photo bucket, as a storage site. I have pictures I've lost when stored on my old computer. Once I got a smartphone, I started saving pictures to PB. If I post a picture, it's linked to my photo bucket account.

"I use photo bucket, as a storage site.""< Looks like that's what my PB is gonna be, tried several times today and the site kept freezing, maybe they moved to the north pole. My kids keep telling about me to get a smart phone, I told them I would when it come's with a 15" screen, but I thought pics. could be sent directly to the forum

/ Photobucket ?
Courtesy should dictate that a member posting a picture resize it to something respectable. This is especially helpful for members with a slow connection. But what you are talking about is extremely large pics posted. It might take your computer a few seconds or more to open them. But as you said, once open you can read the brand, size, and mounting instructions printed on the side of their tires!!!!

Xfaxman recently taught me this. When posting with the intent of adding a pic, click on "Go Advanced". Then above where you type your data, and to the far left you'll see a "blue A" block, click on that. Place your cursor where you want the pic to insert. Then in the second row of icons and 3/4 across toward the right side you'll see what appears to be a picture with a square around it, if you place your cursor over it you'll see "insert image". Click on that and then follow instructions for accessing your pic using "my computer" including "upload". Your pic will appear where your cursor was sitting. It will be in a small thumbnail size. If you want it to be larger, double click on the pic. Then select whatever size you want and it will post the pic in your post in the size you chose. Pretty slick. Here's one posted in "full size". This is a pic that has been resized prior to posting so it's manageable. Do the resizing with whatever program you have in your computer. I use "Photo Gallery".

View attachment 465298

I'll try to remember those instructions, think I got it I'm the kind of guy who has to read something 15 times then do it 15 times. But that's one nice looking tractor, I'd like to be able see the tire size on that, then you have it sitting in a creak bed with some snow, nice be worthy of a calendar picture. Since you have this pic, got anymore of that tractor from another angle?
tal

/ Photobucket ? #10  
I use PB because for years the only way to put pics on a site was to us a photo sharing platform. I couldn't do it directly from my 'puter. I keep nothing in my PB account that I wouldn't want my mother to see.