How to kill a lawn in just a few hours (without really trying. Or wanting to!)

/ How to kill a lawn in just a few hours (without really trying. Or wanting to!) #11  
Black absorbs heat really quickly. I dare not leave my riding mower in the sun for long at all. The black seat roasted my behind one time.

/ How to kill a lawn in just a few hours (without really trying. Or wanting to!) #12  
Where does one find a black tarp?

I'm having the same issue killing grass in a plowed area (newly fenced) for the garden, and the only kind of heavy tarp I can find is either blue or gray.

Time for a internet search I guess...

/ How to kill a lawn in just a few hours (without really trying. Or wanting to!) #13  
Sounds like it could be useful at times. I can find black plastic, but I don't know where to find the sun.

Bruce

/ How to kill a lawn in just a few hours (without really trying. Or wanting to!) #14  

I'm having the same issue killing grass in a plowed area (newly fenced) for the garden, and the only kind of heavy tarp I can find is either blue or gray.

Time for a internet search I guess...
Look who does billboards in your area. The signs are generally printed on a heavy tarp that they sell for relatively cheap when they are done with it.

Aaron Z

/ How to kill a lawn in just a few hours (without really trying. Or wanting to!)

Vinyl Tarp Supplier | Billboard Tarps

Mine was $54 plus shipping.

By the way, I should post another picture. Those two squares are 100% dead brown and dry now. We're promised some rain the latter half of the week. It will be interesting to see if it comes back. I'm thinking it won't.

I have used black plastic to try to kill vegetation before, but nothing killed it like this did.