/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #2  
Re: Cabela\'s pics from Hamburg, PA

Secretec: .....You sure did a great job of capturing the essence of that
location! We visited the store last month, on a trip to my son home in
York, PA, and we were amazed.

/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #3  

Thanks for the photo's!

That has to be one of the most impressive taxidermy displays anywhere! WOW!!!!

I've only been to the Cabelas in Nebraska and consider it a must see destination. Rumor has it they are building one in Austin, but thats still over 100 miles away.

/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #4  

Wow!

How much does a ticket to get in that place cost??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amazing place... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AND an excellent job of photo taking too!

/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #5  

Cabela's has a different outdoor wildlife sculpture in front of each one of their stores (very unique).
Our first visit was to this one in Michigan last year, where we stayed overnite in the RV section
behind the store for free, .. complete with water and dump station
(had to take a photo of our rig before we left) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Again ...secretec those are great photos ,thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• 434630-cabela-bears.jpg
    434630-cabela-bears.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 216
   / Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #6  

Great Photos! I heard that Cabela's is going public, I figure I'll add that to my 401k program, talk about paying into your own retirement fund! I've visited the stores in Kansas City and Owatonna Minnesota, the displays are awesome.

Steve

/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA

Free to get in and enjoy the animals. Of course it's kind of like Wallyworld. Go in to buy a $2 item and spend a $100. So they do ok. It is very impressive. Thanks for the responses.

/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #8  

Those are some fine pictures that you shot. It really tells a story in itself.

/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #9  

I live about a hour form that place Its really cool BUT the tax payers of PA paid for half of it. Something to the effect of 15 million dollers. Gotta love state governments.

/ Cabela's pics from Hamburg, PA #10  

They're opening one in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area!!!! I've been to the stores in Dundee, MI and Sidney, NE. It's like Disney World for hunters. My wife and I buy a ton of stuff from Cabela's. I bought a bunch of stuff for my safari to Africa (the fruit of my success attached). I guess it didn't go unnoticed, they sent us a "Hard Cover" master catalog that we proudly display on our coffee table.

I hope that when they go public, they don't go the way of LL Beans. LL Bean's used to have some quality outdoor gear. Now it all seems to be geared for yuppies.

Attachments

• 438484-Kudu Bull.JPG
    438484-Kudu Bull.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 150