Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires

/ Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Saw this at a farm show. Look at these incredibly wide flotation tires. Probably not welcome if you're behind it in traffic but I'll bet great in a wet field.

IMG_6998.JPG

Wow

IMG_6997.JPG . IMG_6996.JPG

/ Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires #2  
Would that be too much for my 10 dry acres?

/ Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires
Would that be too much for my 10 dry acres?

Absolutely not. We all need more tractors and each must do their part. It would be a cool grocery getter.

/ Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires #4  
That's the newest idea to reduce ground compaction, it's supposed to be better then duals all the way around.
They are an amazing tire, sure would just about make a grown man cry to tear one of those up $$$$$$$$$

/ Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires #5  
Could plow water with those mounted up!

Great video. I'll bet the trend is to these wider tires in the Midwest. This could have a real impact on yields and take corn and soybeans to the next production level.

/ Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires #8  
Quite impressive. They seem like an innovative company from looking at other projects they have.
You do see the flotation aids in the form of inner tubes strapped to the front weights at the 1:00 min mark and again around 1:20 as it exits the water.

/ Pics of a Case IH 125 with monster flotation tires #9  
Must be a real bear to actually make a turn with it? I wonder what sort of strain it puts on a power steering system.

Im assuming a tractor like that isnt exactly steering around tight wood lots or anything...but it must have to make turns at some point.

Another think to think about is transport from factory to dealer. With the big tractors now, they haul without tires and wheels on to keep legal width and the tires are stacked on the truck. With the tractor pictured you would need a second trailer or truck just to haul the tires and wheels.