I haven't seen one of these in a while

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
You know you're getting old when you remember using them:laughing: Used both rotoary and keypad:D

Outside a restaurant where I went to eat. Asked the waitress if they worked, she didn't know. They don't.

P.png

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #2  
You know you're getting old when you remember using them:laughing: Used both rotoary and keypad:D

Outside a restaurant where I went to eat. Asked the waitress if they worked, she didn't know. They don't.

View attachment 553772

I remember closing the door before using them.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #3  
We all probably remember checking them for change... :laughing:

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #4  
I can remember "back in the day" as a service man, with a stinking voice pager. "call the office, call the office", and you try to find one in the pouring rain. One of the drive up kind, you try to roll up the window enough to keep from getting drenched. The inside door of the service truck always was soaking wet and probably the left side of your shirt and pants too. Yeah, good times. Sure miss those things. I remember keeping the ash tray full of coins. I just don't have very good memories of those things.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #5  
Heck - I can remember the days before outside pay phones were even available. Back when God was still making dirt......... Bet there are quite a few that can remember those times. I see a few of the enclosures in Spokane but no longer any kind of phone inside.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #6  
That style phone booth is probably why Superman hasn't been seen in such a long time.

Bruce

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #7  
What no phone book. ;)

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #8  
What no phone book. ;)

The black plastic water resistant clamshell holder was for the phone book. Kind of an ingenious item.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #9  
Just curious. I retired in 2007 and haven't flown since. I recall seeing banks of telephones that provided direct connections to hotels, etc. Do they still exist?

Steve

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #10  
Yep, I remember when we were on a party line, so each person had a particular number of rings; number of short rings and number of long rings. Of course I was at an age in which I was not allowed to touch the phone.:laughing: And one day my Mother was on the phone with a friend when the nearest neighbor, down the road a ways, picked up the phone and asked her to get off the phone because he had an emergency. Of course, she promptly hung up. But she said he got to wondering if he or his wife might be sick or injured and need help, so she picked up the phone, only to hear him telling a friend about the new calf he had born last night.:laughing: I think that was about as mad as I ever saw my Mother.:laughing: