Fly fishing catch

/ Fly fishing catch #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Got this text the other day from a friend who went out with my dad fly fishing. Not bad for 86:laughing:

86.png

Taken in Alaska when he was 75..

861.png

That's my dad, same dang coat 11 years later! My wife complains he and me are the hardest men to shop for around Christmas time LOL

Me and the family thought he wouldn't make it past a year after my mom died when he was around 72 (married for 40 years and she ran the family and was litterally the love of his life).

/ Fly fishing catch #2  
Great photos.

/ Fly fishing catch #3  
He's a real keeper. Nice brook trout also.

/ Fly fishing catch #4  
Good for him! :thumbsup:

/ Fly fishing catch
Not to highjack the thread, but... the 2019 World Fly Fishing Championship is being held here, in Tasmania, in 2019!

Book your tickets (it's during our Summer)!!!

World Fly Fishing Championships 219 | WFFC 219

:fishing:

Funny enough we were just through this. He wa actually planning on going to a family wedding in India. We've come to realization that that anything past California or Alaska going west would just be too long of a flight for him. Hopefully he can get over to London with my cousin to go visit the same family who's getting married.

/ Fly fishing catch #9  
Funny enough we were just through this. He wa actually planning on going to a family wedding in India. We've come to realization that that anything past California or Alaska going west would just be too long of a flight for him. Hopefully he can get over to London with my cousin to go visit the same family who's getting married.
It's great to read about people his age who are still out and about doing things. It gives the rest of us a goal to work toward.

/ Fly fishing catch
It's great to read about people his age who are still out and about doing things. It gives the rest of us a goal to work toward.

+1

That said I gave him a call when I got the pic asking him what river he was on, and during the conversation he told me he hurt his back. Didn't get all the details, but basically he tried to lift his 30 year old wheel horse riding mower up with a 2x6. That was the day before he went fishing, so I'm hoping it's not THAT bad.

One reason why I hope sooner or later he'll move in with us. We bought the house 13 years ago with a furnished basement with my dad in mind as I got married after my mother died. He still drives the 8 hours to visit us. I'd rather have him closer though so if there ever is a problem...