Dog & Doe..

/ Dog & Doe.. #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
This picture came to me today in an e mail. I know nothing more than what is below...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A lady found the fawn under her step (they think the doe might have been hit by a car) .. her Ridge Back dog is helping look after it. The family named the fawn Bella. Once she has regained her strength (she was not in good shape when the family found her) they are going to send her to some friends who (in the past) raised two orphan deer and released them to the wild. Right now she is being bottle fed. Their dog (Hogan) has basically taken over. The fawn even shares his bed. )</font>

Attachments

• 494403-deer & doe 1.jpg
    494403-deer & doe 1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 768
   / Dog & Doe..
another picture

Attachments

• 494404-deer & doe 2.jpg
    494404-deer & doe 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 554
   / Dog & Doe..
the last.... getting to know you...

Attachments

• 494405-deer & doe 3.jpg
    494405-deer & doe 3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 557
   / Dog & Doe.. #4  
It's amazing how gentle animals can be towards each other when they know it is the right thing to do. I love seeing photos like these. Thanks for posting them Junkman!

Lawrence

/ Dog & Doe..
Many years ago my Weimeraner (since passed away) was out loose when I was on the way up the driveway. She was standing in the middle of the road, nose to nose, with a doe that was about her size. They were just "admiring" each other. I stopped the car and just watched. They were there for a few minutes sniffing each other when finally "mom" intervened and scared the dog away. The dog had been raised in the pet shop and strange animals were nothing unusual to her. Only thing that she didn't like were rats. One bit her in the nose once when she put her head into their cage.

/ Dog & Doe.. #6  
<font color="blue"> Only thing that she didn't like were rats. </font>

One time my lab/border collie mix jumped off our back porch just as a mouse was running across the grass. Her front paw trapped the mouse as she landed. My dog was just amazed at the tiny creature under her foot. She sniffed it and probably thought about eating it but as soon as she released pressure from that foot the mouse was gone /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Lawrence

/ Dog & Doe.. #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Only thing that she didn't like were rats. One bit her in the nose once when she put her head into their cage. )</font>

My dog chases and eats more mice and chipmunks than all the barn cats combined. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dave

/ Dog & Doe.. #8  
Very very cute pictures. My biggest concern would be that if they release the fawn back into the wild that it has not been imprinted on the dog and has no fear of dogs in general. That would not be a good thing for a deer in the wild.

/ Dog & Doe.. #9  
Good point, that particular deer might be better off in a petting zoo, or other wildlife sactuary where it will be safe.

/ Dog & Doe.. #10  
Junkman,
Great picks!
Thanks for sharing.
-Terry