Bucket Grab Hooks

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #11  
I can tell you that its pretty easy to bend the top edge of the 54" bucket on the LA401 loader on my 2710. I hooked a chain up there one time to pull the tractor out of a mudhole and pulled a small dent in the bucket. I would put the hooks out on the ends, or put some reinforcement up there.

I don't think that any load that the loader will pick up would bend it, but then you aren't sure its too heavy until its too late.

I don't understand why these buckets don't all come with hooks and a trailer hitch so that we don't have to modify them later.

Alan L., TX

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #12  
Alan- Yep, I believe all the bent bucket stories I've heard about here and my dealer has seen his fair share too. He claims the worst cases happen when only one hook is welded in the center of the top edge. Since he's aware of the potential I'm going with his advice for hook placement. Will post if I ever experience any problems with this arrangement.

Thanks- Dave

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #13  
I aslo have B2710, my solution was welding a length of sch 40 pipe inside the rolled edge of the bucket.
Now you can weld hooks anywhere you want across the top of the bucket.

John in N.H.

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #14  
Pete,
Sorry for the delay.Here they are!
Jason

Attachments

• 35-46857-Bucket.jpg
    35-46857-Bucket.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 164
   / Bucket Grab Hooks #17  
Pete,
The 6' rake, 7' blade, hooks, grease and gun with 1 yr free transportation if tractor needs repair for $20,500. I did some shopping before I settled on a dealer. This website helped me out the most. I wouldn't have had them throw the hooks on if I had read how useful they were. I learned alot in the 2 or so months I have been reading on this site. What impliments came with Clementine?
Jason