Bucket Grab Hooks

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #1  

FarmerBob

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2600DT
Anybody out there got pictures of how their bucket grab hooks are mounted? I'm getting ready to weld hooks but I'm not sure of the best location on the bucket to mount them.

Thanks...
FarmerBob

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #2  
FarmerBob,
Here is a photo of the hooks I just welded to my B2710. I used 5/16 hooks, as my loader can only pick up 880 lbs. Hope this helps you.

18-30445-von.gif

Attachments

• 35-46111-buckethooks.jpg
    35-46111-buckethooks.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 214
   / Bucket Grab Hooks
That helps a lot Von... Thanks. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

FarmerBob

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #4  
Probably not any help to you F-Bob, but over in NH OWNING I just posted a picture of some hooks I rigged on a NH HD Bucket of my TC45D. I don't think your bucket attachment is the same as NH, but I'll let you be the judge /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

JimI

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #5  
Von -- That's a really nice setup. Did you do it yourself? I don't weld, but am thinking of putting the bucket on the trailer and hauling it to a local shop to have something similar done. Before I do, is there anything you would have done differently?

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #6  
Pete,
I think that with the loader only being able to lift 880 lbs what I have will be perfect. I use a short piece of chain to run between the two hooks and then hang a chain in the center as needed. I just welded the hooks on with my mig welder. It took me all of 10 min.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #7  
Pete,
I have hooks on Jezebel. I had the dealership put them on. They welded a 3/4 inch thick piece of steel on top of the bucket for strengh and then welded the two hooks on. There about 1 foot in from the edge on each side. I will send you a picture when I get home.
Jason

/ Bucket Grab Hooks
Thanks for the reply Jim. I'm afraid you're right though... our buckets are somewhat different. I don't have the ability to invert my bucket quite as far as yours. I really like the way you mount your hooks though, and especially like the fact that they're removable. Maybe I can use your idea and modify it a bit.

FarmerBob

/ Bucket Grab Hooks #10  
FarmerBob- I'm expecting delivery of a 60" bucket soon to replace the loaner 54" I've had since getting the tractor. In addition to a toothbar the dealer is going to weld on two hooks. We talked about it just a few days ago. I'll be getting two hooks. One a grab hook and the other will be a slip hook. These will be welded in front of the loader arms about half way between the arm pivot point and the top edge of the bucket. I will need to roll the bucket forward when using them but the dealer said this was a very versatile setup and I shouldn't have to worry about bending the bucket's top edge.

Dave