As Orange as Orange Could Be...

/ As Orange as Orange Could Be... #1  

shoppintractors

Veteran Member
Tractor
Shoppin', Formerly Ford 1220, 7106 FEL, 60
Came across this restored Allis Chalmers tractor at a roadside vegetable stand. The attached picture does not do it justice. The Orange paint job was just as smooth and shiny as it could be.......like it was just driven out of the factory.

Anyone recognize the model? Horsepower?

Don

Attachments

• 509912-Allis Chalmers Tractor resized.jpg
    509912-Allis Chalmers Tractor resized.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 569
   / As Orange as Orange Could Be... #2  
It looks like the "B" series model introduced in 1937, I think I am pretty close. BTW, they ended production of the B in 1957 and well over 100,000 were built. Mark

/ As Orange as Orange Could Be... #3  
My book says specs on the 1938:
water cooled, 4 cylinder
116 ci
14 PTO hp
2260 lbs

/ As Orange as Orange Could Be... #4  
That's a nice looking pieve of old iron! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif It looks like a B to me, too.

/ As Orange as Orange Could Be... #5  
Yep, that would be a B. Here's a picture of my '57 CA I sold a few years ago. Wish I could have kept it but need a bigger tractor and had no place to keep this one.

Attachments

• 510673-allis pictuer.jpg
    510673-allis pictuer.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 218
   / As Orange as Orange Could Be... #6  
That is a nice looking tractor. I have the same problem, buying, using, restoring and selling. Kinda like empty nest feeling when someone takes her away. I'am afraid I have more tractors then space to store them. Mark

/ As Orange as Orange Could Be... #7  
Sold a lot of things before, the '57 allis is the one I miss the most.

/ As Orange as Orange Could Be... #8  
That was a real nice looking tractor. I love it when it is that time of year and the local tractor show comes around.

/ As Orange as Orange Could Be... #9  
I agree with others who say its a Model B. My cousin had one in the '50s with a belly mount sickle bar mower. I got too close to the edge of a farm pond while mowing and it rolled over into the water's edge. No injury and only a bent steerin wheel on the B. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif