New friend for the diesel family

/ New friend for the diesel family #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
Here's the newest edition to my diesel family. Sold my '95 powerstroke diesel and bought this one. Fell into a deal that I couldn't refuse and my wife hates to drive a stick shift so I needed an automatic. Can't believe the difference in the new body and frame style by Ford. It's no wonder they have been selling so many of these. It's like driving a car and not a truck.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

Attachments

• 35-46632-P0002785.jpg
    35-46632-P0002785.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 153
   / New friend for the diesel family #2  
Great looking truck Richard! I've been wanting to trade my '97 crew cab ever since the new body came out. Gotta love those mirrors /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ New friend for the diesel family #3  
Nice looking truck Rich, now if it only had a good Cummin's in it /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Actually I a Ford 250 Powerstroke (old body style), should would like one of the new ones. Mine is a bare bones work truck. No air, no radio, no back seat. My wife has a loaded Dodge 3500 diesel, it's our pulling truck. Heck, right now I'd settle for a Yugo if it had air. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Not to worry, I'll be headed to your neck of the woods in 2 months.

Bill

/ New friend for the diesel family #4  
Sharp ride. Had the same one ('99), sold and got the crewcab. Both incredible vehicles. What brand cap do you have?? Any leaks in the seals??

/ New friend for the diesel family #5  
Nice looking Super Duty. That truck sure does look good in red, and the cap finishes off the back real well. I think EVERYONE should buy a new Ford Truck this year. F150, Super Duty, Ranger......any of them are fine trucks.

Bob Pence
18-33782-bobsig.gif

/ New friend for the diesel family
Hi Mike it's a Nomad Raider. I just got it sunday and no rain yet so I'm not sure about the leaks.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ New friend for the diesel family #7  
Hey Dr. Rich,

It even matches the <font color=red>Massey Ferguson Super 90</font color=red>! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

<font color=blue> right now I'd settle for a Yugo if it had air… I'll be headed to your neck of the woods in 2 months.</font color=blue>

Keep an eye on her Doc, Bill sounds like he’s got a plan…/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Why is it the diesel trucks cost about twice as much as our tractors… and last about ¼ … something is not right with that picture?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Enjoy Dr. Rich!

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ New friend for the diesel family #8  
M. Sullivan,

Another sharp cap is the A.R.E. Z-series. I have it on the back of my Chevy Z-71 and it looks great, perfect color match. Downside is price at @ $1400 + tax, but you get a lifetime warrenty, including paint. Check them out at http://www.4are.com/

There is also a good discussion thread at Edmunds.com on camper shells. I used that as a jumping-off place in my search for the "ultimate topper"

18-33477-tibbsig2.JPG

/ New friend for the diesel family #9  
Richard,

Nice truck! Do you have the gooseneck hitch on it?
35-43492-tractorsig2.JPG

/ New friend for the diesel family
Grant,
Just dropped it off on my way to the office this am to get it put on. Hope to go to one of the local parks this weekend for the day with the family to ride horses.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF