I like this Toy!

/ I like this Toy! #21  
<font color="blue">Here's a shot of the largest crane on the job site. Don't have a clue as to what kind it is </font>

Shame on you Garry. Judging by the color of that crane it's a product of your own state! Looks like an older Manitowoc crawler crane made in Manitowoc, WI. And yes, that's the same Manitowoc that makes ice machines found in hotels across the nation. Also big in ship building.

Great pics, thanks for posting /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ I like this Toy! #22  
Garry,

Would you happen to know the guy operating the power finisher? I zoomed in on the picture and he looks vaguely familiar.

Don /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 516320-Tim Taylor on concrete screed resized.jpg
    516320-Tim Taylor on concrete screed resized.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 211
   / I like this Toy!
Wow - aren't those neat looking. I've never seen them either.

/ I like this Toy!
I'll bet he wishes he was a little less greedy now. Either way he's sitting on some valuable realestate.

/ I like this Toy!
Very funny - you made me look again... I missed that before. Funny coincidence - we have a doctor at our hospital with the same last name. Hopefully he's not a urologist. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ I like this Toy! #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Would you happen to know the guy operating the power finisher? )</font>

Gee Don, he does look vaguely familiar. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But I did notice that just after I shot the picture, the guy was zooming around and he drove the power trowel into an empty shaft. A few minutes later I saw him being hauled away by the paramedics! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ I like this Toy! #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Judging by the color of that crane it's a product of your own state! )</font>

I never realized that the particular red was unique to Manitowoc. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Manitowoc is a neat city. They have some pretty good restaurants, and one of the biggest kitchen supply stores I've ever seen. And the last time we were there, which was just 2 weeks ago, we discovered one of the best confectionary shops we've ever seen! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ I like this Toy! #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But I did notice that just after I shot the picture, the guy was zooming around and he drove the power trowel into an empty shaft. A few minutes later I saw him being hauled away by the paramedics! )</font>

I KNEW that guy looked familiar. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Don

/ I like this Toy! #29  
Looks like an older Manitowoc friction crane in the 45 to 55 ton range. They make some nice rigs TVA has some on barges all the way up to a 4100 with a 6 yard clamshell bucket. I used to operate an Manitowoc similar to the one in your picture but i cant remeber the size.

/ I like this Toy! #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Judging by the color of that crane it's a product of your own state! Looks like an older Manitowoc crawler crane made in Manitowoc, WI. )</font>

Rob,

Just thought that I'd mention that on my way back from lunch today, the crane had been repositioned so that I could see the back of it. The name that was on it was Koehring . Didn't have my camera with me, otherwise I would've snapped a picture. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif