Mule Kills Mountain Lion

/ Mule Kills Mountain Lion #21  
I have another story, but with no picture proof. This is according to my close friend that worked at the wrecker yard.

My hometown Victoria Tx. had a junkyard with a donkey/mule. A local wrecker/welder drives up with his 2 Doberman Pinchers adult dogs. They see the mule and jump out of the truck to chase the mule. My friend yells to the guy to call his dogs back. The welder replies "they'll be alright".
About 5 minutes later after getting his part, he called for them with no answer. They go looking in the back of the junkyard and the mule had trampled both dogs to death.

True story. Mules can kick any dog's butt.

/ Mule Kills Mountain Lion #22  
I showed the pics to our graphic artist who is a PhotoShop genius she also raises horses and has had mules. I presented my "evidence" and theory and was told that someone was probably tying to "improve" the pictures rather than manipulate them. Her opinion:

1. The levels in the pictures have been changed for some reason but doesn't know why they would need to be.

2. Mules are smart and curious. She thinks the photos are out of sequence on Snopes and the cat was already dead. The mule checked it out (pic #3),picked it up (pic #4), and carried it around (pics 1&2).

3. It could be Photoshop but doesn't know why someone would go to that much trouble for an internet hoax.

/ Mule Kills Mountain Lion #24  
I've seen this sequence of photos from several different sources but your graphic artists's expanation makes the most sense to me.

/ Mule Kills Mountain Lion #25  
Donkeys are used as "guard dogs" for sheep and other livestock. They will chase predatory animals and stomp them if they can catch them. Since a mule is an offspring of a donkey and horse, I guess it is just a product of their raising.

/ Mule Kills Mountain Lion #26  
The pics may be real , BUT; anyone with any experience with mules riding in this sort of country wuold probably be using a crouper on his saddle.
If the dogs were experienced hounds, they would have been on the trail of the cat LONG before the cat got this close.
If the dogs were experienced hounds, they would have been in the middle of the fight, mule or no mule. If not, they weren't worth the price of a bullet.
My father was an old mule handler, dog handler, cat hunter; I grew up going on MANY hunts and have a fair idea what goes on in these situations.
The Mule probably stomped the @#$%$^%^& out of a stuffed tom cat; while someone took the pics!
Bye now /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif