Building a logging road

/ Building a logging road
Another after shot

Attachments

• 632890-Resized_Down road after 2.jpg
    632890-Resized_Down road after 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 451
Now for the equipment junkies. Here is a shot of the loader. Not a front end loader, but a timber loader. The skidder drags the trees up to the loader. The loader picks them up with the grapple and pulls them through the de-limber. Also in the de-limber is a cut off saw the cuts the tree off to a length suitable for the trailer. If the log is a large hardwood it will usually be put on the bigger "bucksaw" and cut to a certain length.

Attachments

• 632893-Resized_Loader with pulp wood.jpg
    632893-Resized_Loader with pulp wood.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 509
Here is a closer shot of the de-limber. The de-limber is tree curved blades that wrap around the log and then the log is pulled through by the loader arm and the limbs are sheered off. If you look closely you can see the bar of the cut off saw.

Attachments

• 632899-Resized_Delimber sawing.jpg
    632899-Resized_Delimber sawing.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 443
Here is the buck saw doing it's thing. It is a big hydraulic power chain saw that is powered by the tree loaders hydraulic system. See the saw dust flying?

Attachments

• 632901-Resized_Bucksaw.jpg
    632901-Resized_Bucksaw.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 434
   / Building a logging road #15  
Great pictures.

/ Building a logging road #16  
Jeez,
Your before pics look better than my after pics. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Building a logging road #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Your before pics look better than my after pics... )</font>
I was thinking the same thing! Great photos...thanks for sharing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Building a logging road #18  
Thanks for taking the time to post. What a nice job! My cousin just bought one to those tree cutting limbing machines. Can't wait to see it in action. Sorry for the lack of terminology.
Take care

/ Building a logging road #19  
Thanks for the pictures.

You did a great job!!!

/ Building a logging road #20  
Great pics Brent, thanks for posting. That had to be a very satisfying day for you!

My boys and I have a video called "House Construction Ahead". There is a segment on lumber that show much of that same equipment in operation. It's fascinating.

Thanks again for the fun pictures /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif