Clearing progress, brush is evil

/ Clearing progress, brush is evil
#11 last one. This is the fire that refused to burn. It was pretty clean and stacked pretty tall. I used up 10 gallons of diesel before I gave up on it. The fire continued to smolder until the next day. Might still be smoldering. The piles will be taken care of by the logger who tells me that he will build the biggest fire I have ever seen and that the pile will consume stumps and slash as fast as he can put it on with the trackhoe.

Thanks

Attachments

• 639638-clear11.JPG
    639638-clear11.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 401
   / Clearing progress, brush is evil #12  
WOW!!!! Hear me now...... I.... will...... never.......EVER..... complain about my brush problem again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys like you and Eddie make me feel so small, I'm serious, I don't know how I'll manage to climb up into my truck! E-freakin'-GADS you guys are tough!!! I'm gonna go home and hug one of my oak trees, I'm serious, all that moisture looks to have made one amazing forest!

I'm trying to leave every single tree alive of any size that I can and just limb them up. I love and need the shade. As you noticed from our property pictures, our brush is a joke compared to what you have! You're property looks like when you let the sun in, it may start drying it up. Looks like a nice drainage system is in the works for anything you build eh?

Your place looks so wonderfully green and peaceful, and like it'd be an amazing place to live. I showed my wife your pics, she agrees. No wonder you have big cats, they have a place to hide! I've only seen tracks last year before we built but I still feel nervous when my neice gets too far away from us.

I really hope you decide to move to the country soon, I can't wait to see how the property goes.

I really liked Guerdon's cabin series. I called them and they can 1. Expand the length and width. 2. Modify the floorplan. 3. Build any of their floorplans to UBC. That cabin with the big prow front end and porch, stretched width ways and length ways was what we wanted. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a local vendor. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Keep posting pictures, they're amazing!!!

/ Clearing progress, brush is evil #13  
Man I love when those stream/ditch crossings
just suddenly make themselves visable.

If anyone asks tell them it appeared in the middle
of a crop circle!

Regards,
Chris

/ Clearing progress, brush is evil #14  
Beautiful property you've got there Joe! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What you've already done is amazing. I'll be looking forward to seeing your continued progress.

But how come there were no pictures of you and your dozer? Or if you were by yourself, just the dozer would have been good too!

/ Clearing progress, brush is evil #15  
<font color="blue">But how come there were no pictures of you and your dozer? Or if you were by yourself, just the dozer would have been good too! </font>

Yes, it sure is a shame when the hardest worker does not get his share of the credit!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great progress and great fun too I'm sure...

Edit: I guess we already met your dozer...forgot that other thread was yours... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Clearing progress, brush is evil
Thanks guys. Yes the dozer and family is in the other clearing post along with some other pictures. This site is great in that you can actually post the pictures here.

The sun and wind will dry out the ground some. It already has made a huge difference. The mud pictures were from January/February and I can now drive the pickup most places without leaving any ruts. A thought in the back of my mind is that the trees may actually be drinking up a lot of water and then letting it out through their leaves.

The woods are deep and dark. At night it is downright spooky in there.

I would be in some action photos but when I go out there to get some work done, the wife stays home so no photographer. She gets bored unless the camper is there or there is something to do. When the kiwis were ripe she pulled out several five gallon buckets while the little kid was on her back in one of those kid backpacks. They were both eating a lot of the kiwi and the kid made a pretty good mess out of mama's back at her mouth end. Same thing when the apples got ripe.

When I go out to work(play) I spend the whole day working. It's one of those deals where you don't get hungry, only thirsty. I know to start heading back to the container when the sun doesn't touch the tops of the trees.

Thanks for looking. I hope to cross that ditch tomorrow and explore that area.

/ Clearing progress, brush is evil #17  
Nice pix, you've got some beautiful land.
I've been fighting russian olive and multiflora rose for years, and have torn up my MF 253 pretty good in this losing battle.
Smart move going w/ the dozer.