New toy home today

/ New toy home today #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
Being on the short side of money and needing a 3/4 ton pickup. I just picked up this 1994 Ford F250 4Wd with an 8' Fisher plow today for $2250.00. It has 88k on it. It has a 351V8 with an automatic tranny and 4 new tires. It does need some minor body work and some mechanical work. Both of which I can handle myself. It also has an over the rail bedliner. Not a bad deal from what I've seen in the last few days looking at junk for thousands more. The dealer told me the ball joints were wiped out. When I got it home I jacked it up to find 2 recent ball joints and the other 2 are tight also. Oh well, his loss my gain.

Attachments

• 646088-DSC02128.JPG
    646088-DSC02128.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 979
   / New toy home today
The other side.

Attachments

• 646091-DSC02129.JPG
    646091-DSC02129.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 479
   / New toy home today #3  
THAT LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY nice truck for that price, althogh it does seem kind of beat up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif , but being the nice guy i am i will give you $2275 for it!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I THINK YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL. NO KIDDING AROUND NOW. that looks pretty nice shape for a 94 and 88k is not that many miles.

/ New toy home today #4  
Wow. As long as the mechanicals hold up, I'd say you got a great deal. Good luck with it.

/ New toy home today
Even if the motor or tranny needs to be done over, I can handle that. The body only has a few minor dings in it. There is a full over the rail bedliner and the bed is real nice under it. The only rust is over the rear wheel wells and a small spot on the tailgate. My mig welder will take care of all three of them pretty easily. I also was told that the power steering box leaked. It is a leaking tranny cooler line. Plus he said it needed 7 new u-joints. I found only 3 that needed replacing. The others have been changed.

/ New toy home today #6  
Great price on that truck! I havn't seen anything even close to that price in that condition around here.

Lawrence

/ New toy home today #7  
You could get double that here in NY. Want to make a quick 2k?

/ New toy home today
My wife told me to fix it up and sell it also. But I like it. I've got 2 of the 3 bad u-joints changed. I put in all new tie rod ends and set the toe in. I replaced all the tranny cooler lines and discovered a towing cooler for the tranny in behind the grille which I hooked into. I replaced the hinge pin and bushings on the drivers side lower door hinge. I might start on the rust spots today. I also picked up a class IV trailer hitch on Sunday for $35.00. I sanded and painted that yesterday. I also bought 4 new shocks for it. I found a bunch of reciepts in the glove box from the old owner. So I called him to ask him about the motor and tranny. He said that both are fine and he had not had any problems with either one of them. His reason for trading in the truck was that he got sick and tired of sinking money into it in the last two years. Here is what he has done in the last 2 years to the truck.
Battery last year.
Plow hoses in January and one new cable.
New front pads, calipers and rotors last year.
New gas lines last year.
New brake lines 2 years ago.
Radiator 2 years ago.
4 new tires last October. They still have seam lines on them.
Tranny service last year.
The last straw was a rusty oil pan. The dealer wanted $700-800.00 to change it. I have a new one coming in from a guy on Ebay for $45.00 delivered. I'm going to try and J-B weld it first. If that doesn't work I'll swap it out. So far I have about $475.00 invested into it and my time. So right now I'm sitting at around $2750.00 into it. I saw much nicer looking trucks on the outside that were real bad underneath for twice the price. I figure when I'm done I'll have somewhere between $3200-3500 total into it and that will include me doing the body over and painting it.

/ New toy home today #9  
You sure you live in Paxton????? I figured that anyone doing work on there car in the driveway would be hauled away in that town... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New toy home today
Hey Junkman,

I'm sure that I live in Paxton. I've been here since 1976. Years ago (1979) the building inspector told me I had to get rid of one of my unregistered cars. I had a pair of 1971 Monte Carlos in the driveway. I was restoring one and using the other for parts. I told him to tell the busy bodied *** that complained about my cars to go *** herself. That was the first and last time that anyone has ever told me to get rid of a vehicle. I could work on the truck in my 3 car garage if I had the room. But, I can't even fit a car in there right now. Or I could work on it in the barn. But I have no tools in the barn and it is next door. Welding in there is not a good idea either. I prefer being out in the open air to do my work. It is less confining. I changed the motor in my S-10 last fall in the driveway using the tractor as my engine hoist. Someday I'll get the garage cleaned out and no one will even know what I am up to then. Here's my patched tailgate using a BMW hood for scrap metal. I did this in the driveway last night with my mig welder. You gotta love those toys for welding sheetmetal. The bondo work comes later when I get ready to finish the truck up. Today the rotted rear quarter gets fixed hopefully. Yup, you guessed it, in the driveway.

Attachments

• 649880-DSC02135.JPG
    649880-DSC02135.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 235