Chainsaw mill

/ Chainsaw mill #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
Finally made another version with revisions to the old mill. This one works much better.

Pic. 1

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
   / Chainsaw mill #4  
That's pretty awesome. I just bought one from Hud-Son for makeing some of my oaks into beams. I haven't attached it to my chainsaw yet, but I'm might try tomorrow. Too muddy out to do anything else.

Do you have any pointers or advice?

Eddie

/ Chainsaw mill
I'm still trying to learn. About all I can say is to keep a sharp chain and don't overheat anything.

Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Chainsaw mill #6  
Nice lookin' rig Egon, when you learn what to do with the last 10" or so of each log let me in on the secret. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Chainsaw mill
Slamfire:

I can get down to maybe 2 inches of log. Screw several pieces of plywood on each end to which the guide is attached. Usually I do this to start out to get a flat surface as the logs are not flat. It also helps in lining up to get the cut with the grain desired. Usually use a square, a level and measure from the center of the log to get orientated.

For this short piece [ it's actually part of a crotch and not good wood ] I used a power hand planer to get some level spots for the guide.

Also use my band saw when the pieces get smaller and managable. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Chainsaw mill #8  
I got one from Hud-Son a few months ago and found that it won't fit on 2x6. About 1/8" smaller. Does yours fit OK?
Hate to shave 12' board by 1/8"...