Our front yard

/ Our front yard #21  
Re: Our side yard

Glueguy, I agree that a long term stint in an agreeable location can, and will surplant that 'hometown' feeling for our place that we grew up. I can assure you, I really like your new 'home' area! I spent many years living in the Fortuna, Garbeville areas, and really like it, but the pot growers have kinda changed my attachment for it. My understanding is that is swinging back the other way now....I hope its true!
As for Coos Bay, Oregon, I've never liked the town! Both my brothers moved northeast to The Dalles and to La Grande, but I still like that 'drippy stuff' that falls out of the sky.

/ Our front yard #22  
Hey! That's our ~back~ yard!

Where about are you located, Glueguy? Looks like the picture was taken from about Portola Park? We're down on Alpine Rd., on the south face of Mindego Hill, at about 1200' elevation.

It's funny finding someone so local here. Take care,

Peter Chupity

/ Our front yard #23  

I grew up in NYC. I dont think its attractive and I am repelled at the thought of living there. I did spend all my summers in Maine as a boy, and from that formative experience has developed a lifelong love of lakes, canoeing, rivers, mounains and woods.

I have lived and travelled all over the country. Considering climate, natural beauty, and things to do and see, I think Santa Barbara up through Oregon is unsurpassed.

/ Our front yard #24  

Just thought I would attach a pic of my wife's new rocker. She is still waiting axsiously to sit in it. It is set up, but figured it would be best to have an additional 24 hours for the finish to cure.

Attachments

• 35-62387-rockingchair006.jpg
    35-62387-rockingchair006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 74
   / Our front yard #25  

Good job Scruffy! She is as slick as snot on a door knob and as shiny as a goats butt!

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

/ Our front yard #27  
Awesome,I used to lived in SanJose in 80-81 and love it when my folks decided to go for road trip in the mountains....I have an uncle near Eureka with 20 acres I'm dying to visit.... I now live on a LIL mtn in Alabam about 1400ft Foot hills to you...but we do get the fog and low clouds in with the view...We even got 7" of snow when no one in Birmingham got more than wet...this March...When does the snow move in on you?I bet that looks great...

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D

/ Our front yard #28  

Glad my wife's not in here to see that, Scruffy. We have two old wooden rockers and she's mentioned 2 or 3 times that "we" ought to refinish them. So far, I've just pretended that my hearing aids weren't turned up enough to hear her./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Our front yard #29  
Glueguy,

So ya finally took the digital plunge. . . . .I knew you wanted to but were going to wait. What kind of camera did you end up with?????

View is BEAUTIFUL!!! GREAT PICTURES!!!!

Steve

/ Our front yard
We get snow about every other year or so. Last year we got 8" one day. 80% of it was melted by nightfall that day. Nearly 100% the day after that. However, two years ago we got 3" of snow that lasted for a whole week.

Needless to say, the climate is relatively warm (at least by some standards. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

If I can remember /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif, I will try to scan a pic we took during one of those little snow squalls...

The GlueGuy