Tractoring Across the USA

/ Tractoring Across the USA #1  

Kubota-monkey

Silver Member
Tractor
L35 with bt900 backoe and box scraper + grader blade
Here is a picture I discovered in my British Car magazine. It is an article of a man named Gary Hatter from Maine who injured his back and needed to find a way to fund money for a surgical operation. What better way than to drive across the US in a BX2200??/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif It took him 260 days and 14,954 miles. He also found himself a page in the Guiness Book of World Records as the longest distance and duration of time for riding a mower beating the previous record by 10,000 miles and 60 days.

The Ben from MA /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Attachments

• 35-62829-MowerMan.jpg
    35-62829-MowerMan.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 132
   / Tractoring Across the USA #2  
Nice article... is that a picture of the King of the BX's...

Mr. TresCrows... himself.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Tractoring Across the USA #3  
Boy, those Kubotas must be one comfy ride to travel that far with a back injury! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

signature.JPG

/ Tractoring Across the USA #4  
KM,

I saw that guy in Seattle driving off a ferry. Wonder if they counted the miles he rode on the ferry./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Al

/ Tractoring Across the USA #5  
Thats alot of 50 hour services.

Rogue

/ Tractoring Across the USA #6  
You can see the previous thread on this here. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Tractoring Across the USA #7  
The article stated he hadn't paid for it. Kubota credit must have s**t when they repoed it with 2000 hours on it. :)

/ Tractoring Across the USA #8  
>>The Champaign man says he needs $100,000 for a back injury that has kept him out of work for 21 years. Hunched over the lawn mower's steering wheel, the former truck driver travels from town to town, greeting well-wishers, making a name for himself in the world and soliciting funds.

Hmmmm, he has been out of work for 21 years with a so called back injury, presumably collecting a check from someone (i.e. SS disability), in order to raise money he drives his tractor across the entire country begging money from people..

Someone please explain why if he is capable of driving his tractor across the country on a tractor he is not capable of working as a truck driver? Call me a cynic, but I think something stinks here....

/ Tractoring Across the USA #9  
Do a internet search on Gary Hatter. You'll find out the whole story. He was not collecting a check from anyone. I also read that he borrowed 12 Grand from a friend to get the tractor.

-Ben