Allis wd45 and pic resizer test

/ Allis wd45 and pic resizer test #1  

boomer4snow

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC40DA
just a test to see if a pic resizer works, and if I can figure out how to post pics.

Attachments

• 705199-DSC00113.jpg
    705199-DSC00113.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 803
   / Allis wd45 and pic resizer test #2  
Pic worked great. Nice looking wd45. Appears to have oversize rear tires. If so, any particular reason? Just curious. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Allis wd45 and pic resizer test #3  
Yeah, oversized tires, and chrome exhaust. Doesn't scream puller at all /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That is a great looking tractor. Just makes me wish I still had my old wide front 45 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Allis wd45 and pic resizer test #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yeah, oversized tires, and chrome exhaust. Doesn't scream puller at all /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That is a great looking tractor. Just makes me wish I still had my old wide front 45 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif )</font>

Yeah but the stock drawbar and ball hitch and three point say other wise

/ Allis wd45 and pic resizer test
Thank you for the great comments! Tires are oversize. I traded an old broken small lathe to a guy for a dead fencerow tractor that had been seized for years. It had model B rims and tires on it then. I found and old AC Gleaner E combine and it donated a few things for the motor and the tires and rims. Cost was free. I brought it back from the dead and replaced what I could find with the help of Ebay, and rebuilt the old girl with more modern components for both function and fun. It has 12 volt electronic ignition assisted with MSD ignition and blaster coil, no points, and it will start darn near 1/2 a turn in -10 degree weather without the choke. Carb has been reworked to flow a touch more, it has a dry air intake, chrome straight pipe (yes it is loud!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Gleaner E cam and gov. springs (snappier) it has WD45 diesel rear end parts, and a d-17 factory snap coupler 3 point conversion. It also has 12 volt charging/battery, as well as 170 series high altitude pistons/sleeves. Compression ration came out to just over 9-1, so it had to have a higher octane fuel, but it wound up making 73 HP at the PTO. I built it to be something classic looking, but interesting. It could work all day actually using it as a tractor, or pull a float with it in a parade and look cool. I never got a chance to try it pulling, but I bet it would have never been allowed into the antique class.

Attachments

• 705401-DSC00112.jpg
    705401-DSC00112.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 415
couple more pics for ya.

Attachments

• 705403-DSC00114.jpg
    705403-DSC00114.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 527
last one

Attachments

• 705404-DSC00117.jpg
    705404-DSC00117.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 448
   / Allis wd45 and pic resizer test #8  
That's a fine looking machine, but I can just imagine how loud it is. I'd have to add a muffler if it were me. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

actually it was very very loud, but deep too, sounded real nice, but at idle it wasn't all that bad. My dad knew when I was working it though, and he is 2 miles away /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I did design it with a "stock setup" so it could just slide out and be replaced just like a stock muffler, and I am ashamed to admit that sometimes I didnt feel like wearing the shooting muffs, and I popped in a stock muffler. I think the most fun I had with it was when I would tell people that the dry air intake was a rare factory option, and listen to them swear up and down they had one just like it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Attachments

• 705425-DSC00164.jpg
    705425-DSC00164.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 402
   / Allis wd45 and pic resizer test #10  
That looks great, wish I had the time and money to do something like that. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif