Silver Member
Tractor
See my signature in post.
OH MY!

From Clay County, Alabama...
yikes.gif

rattlesnake.jpg

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!! #2  
I saw that somewhere a while back. But the story that went with it said it is a illusion. It is held close to the camera on a long stick to make it look much larger. Probably no more than a normal size rattler.

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!! #3  
Agree one wouldn't have the strength to hold one on a snake stick that far out. Probably in the 20-25# range at best, IMO. That snake catcher stick is hollow with a rod down the center, not of a design to hold 114# out at the end like that, let alone the muscles needed of the guy holding the snake stick. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Big snake though. Should be a lot of eating.

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!!
Pretty good camera trick for such a poor quality picture.

My aunt claimed they just found this rattler 2 weeks ago. Who knows... could be one of those that's been around the block for years.

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!! #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is held close to the camera on a long stick to make it look much larger. )</font>

Isn't it standard practice to do that with the fish you catch? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!! #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( (It is held close to the camera on a long stick to make it look much larger. )

Isn't it standard practice to do that with the fish you catch? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

I saw a guy in a blue boat try that trick, but he needed a 50 ft long stick to make his fish look big. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!! #8  
Yeah, and the boat wasn't big enough to carry even a short stick. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!! #9  
The guy in the " CAT " hat looks meaner then the snake! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 114lb RATTLESNAKE!!!
Amazing... 11lb rattler claimed to be 114! Sounds like someone just wanted to add a number to the end of the 11.

I sent that link to my dad to send to my aunt. It figures.