New Highway Patrol motorcycles

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #1  

ejtaylor822

Gold Member
Tractor
Jinma 454LE
Latest North Carolina trooper patrol bikes....

I think North Carolina wins for the coolest highway patrol motorcycles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 755839-DSC09396_mod.JPG
    755839-DSC09396_mod.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,091
   / New Highway Patrol motorcycles
Another view....

Actually, I was talking to one of the troopers and here's the deal: He said that a North Carolina bike builder, built this and donated it to the state highway patrol for a charity auction. The highway patrol is taking it around the state "showing it off" - they were at the state fair today - and then sometime next year they are going to auction it off for charity.

I asked the trooper if he got to take it out on patrol. His reply, "no, wouldn't get anything done for doing burnouts and zipping down the highway." /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif - thought that was cool coming from our typically very stoic and stern highway patrolmen (have been on too many "business end" conversations with these guys in the past). Told him we would have to "police the police" and be making "citizen's arrest! citizen's arrest!" - must have been an Andy Griffith fan as he got the reference.

Very cool.

Attachments

• 755850-DSC09397_mod.JPG
    755850-DSC09397_mod.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 745
   / New Highway Patrol motorcycles #3  
Sharp looking ride, but looks uncomfortable. Ma. State Police just put a Corvette into service. I was at Webster Lake boat ramp when they were doing a photo shoot with the Vette. I wish I had my camera with me. The Vette was painted to match the standard state police cars. The car came from a drug bust.

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #4  
Sweet looking machine!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ma. State Police just put a Corvette into service )</font>

A corvette police car - think you guys win the "cool police car" category.

I agree with the comfort comment, but, it is a chopper /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif and it appears to me that with choppers, the level of discomfort is in direct proportion to the coolness. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Ma. State Police just put a Corvette into service )</font>

A corvette police car - think you guys win the "cool police car" category. )</font>

They have had an unmarked corvette around here for a few years now. They even have one of them fancy Cadillacs. And they catch a lot of people with them I am sure.

murph

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They have had an unmarked corvette around here for a few years now. They even have one of them fancy Cadillacs. And they catch a lot of people with them I am sure.
)</font>

Hey Murph,
Unmarked corvette sounds scary. Bet the police love it when someone runs /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Just kidding - sure they don't - it's scary and dangerous for everyone (but often necessary).

You guys win for the most luxurious police cars using Cadillacs. However, I thought that was only a south'rn thang for the small town sheriffs down here. At least, that’s the way they show us on TV and in the movies /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Here, in NC, our unmarked cars are typically the plain Ford Crown Vics. We have a couple of souped up camaro's - saw one up close at the fair this week. Don't know what the engine was, but, it sure did not look stock.

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #8  
In the Intervale NH area there was a Volvo police car for a while.

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #9  
Way back 20 years ago, when fleet management for the police department was part of my responsibilities, a number of police departments went to Volvos for a couple of years. I think one in California was first, I knew of one in Virginia, and Addison (a suburb on the north side of Dallas). They seemed very happy with them that first year, but I don't know what happened after that.

/ New Highway Patrol motorcycles #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Way back 20 years ago, when fleet management for the police department was part of my responsibilities, a number of police departments went to Volvos for a couple of years. )</font>

Back in 1980 I went through the academy with a couple of guys whose Town was using Checker Cabs as cruisers. We had a lot of laughs at their expense! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif