Brush Hog & Windrowing

/ Brush Hog & Windrowing #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Someone (Alan L, maybe) recently posted a picture of his brush hog and asked about pictures of others. I didn't have a picture of mine at that time.

And there was recently some discussion about windrowing.

Naturally, I'm too lazy to try to look up the old discussions, but I mowed the pasture today and snapped the attached picture that shows what my Howse 500 (their cheapest, lightest duty model) looks like, and what windrowing it does in just grass and weeds.

Bird

Attachments

• 35-70122-P1010001.JPG
    35-70122-P1010001.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 134
   / Brush Hog & Windrowing #2  
35-70122-P1010001.JPG

Bird,
Try removing your rear guard the next time you cut...

As you know, I have the 4' version of your Howse and don't have that discharge pattern... but I don't have any guard either...

Pasture...? that's one beautiful massive lawn you've got... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Brush Hog & Windrowing
Yeah, John, I forgot to mention that. You're right. If I didn't want that amount of windrowing, I could take my chain guard off and it gets spread better, but the amount of windrowing it does now doesn't bother me.

Bird

/ Brush Hog & Windrowing
<font color=blue>got equines there</font color=blue>

Nope, all my horse experiences were many years ago; had 3, one at a time in my teenage and pre-teen years. I let a neighbor's cattle in there, and I pick up the pecans under 9 pecans trees in the pasture (plus 3 more in the yard). Sometimes I mow the pasture with the brush hog (as in the picture) and sometimes we let it go until that neighbor cuts and bales it for hay.

BirdSig.jpg

/ Brush Hog & Windrowing #6  
Morning Bird, Wow nice field. Hopefully another year of cutting mine and it will look a little bit more like yours. You know with all the space you should open up a tractor dealership and supply store. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifI can see it all ready. Harv can manage web design, John Miller III can be your head sales rep/advertisments, and you would get to test drive all the new models every day./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Now the problem would be how do I get a tractor from Texas to Vermont? That's quite a drive. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Whew!!! I must off made a strong cup of coffee this morning!!!!
You all have a great day!!! My wife is taking me Christmas shopping all day and no tractor stores allowed/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Al

/ Brush Hog & Windrowing
Re: \"Bird\" Senter Tractor Co...

Hadn't seen that one before, John. I never got into researching family trees, but word of mouth story was that the name was spelled "Center" when they came over from Europe and changed it to "Senter" so they'd always know it was relatives, but then they got scattered all over the country, so I don't know any of them except my immediate family.

BirdSig.jpg