Share Your Winter Pics

/ Share Your Winter Pics #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Here's one of my favorite things to do on a lazy winter evening /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 777514-IMG_0827.jpg
    777514-IMG_0827.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,654
   / Share Your Winter Pics
Here's another. Can anyone tell I'm loving my new camera? The boys and I erected the Christmas "tree" in the front circle today. The older one decided to tackle the porch garland. I suspect it will get touched up a bit tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 777580-House.jpg
    777580-House.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,462
   / Share Your Winter Pics #3  
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! what a beautiful home a nicely decorated, thanks for shareing the pic's.

/ Share Your Winter Pics #4  
Great place. Good to see the old Architecture perserved in such a fine state. Incredible, but that Vic design generally blows away the new designs for livability, room for room, with a few updates. If you take one of them and move it a little closer to the current trend expaned kitchen (open) design, they are absolutely amazing residences. Even if you don't do that, they beat most of today's cute big designs. I've tried to explain that to a few Architect friends. One got it. The rest are still trying to do their Signature style. Think they are artists. I remind them, even Frank Lloyd didn't totally get it. His signature designs speak for themselves as incredible works of art, for their time, but they aren't all that livable today IMO. Failed the time test for livability. Yours didn't. Truly great designs are timeless and interestingly, seldom attributable to any one genius. All this assumes it's old. I understand, it may thankfully, not be. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif No matter, it's killer!

/ Share Your Winter Pics #5  
Rob,

Your home is amazing. Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing.

I agree with Bug, the Victorian homes have passed the test of time and are a proven winner. A hundred years from now, your home will still be amazing, but all the so called "new" and "modern" designs will end up like every other trendy disaster.

I'm also not a fan of Frank Lloyd Writght. He gained allot of press from his designs, but they aren't very livable and even his most famous home over the water, or whatever it was called, had to be redone because it was falling apart.

Rob, sure would love to see more pics of your house,
Eddie

/ Share Your Winter Pics
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yeah, this is our new, old house. It's only three years old. We used a plan service that specialized in historic replications. The outside is fairly true to the period as is the "feel" of the inside. Of course, it has closets and bathrooms and a real kitchen unlike it's ancestors.

Ironically, my mother is a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright. I like his designs for their artistic value but not sure I'd want to live in one. We toured Falling Water in PA this summer. It was very nice, and seemed somewhat livable.

Wife is on the porch now rearranging the garland. Maybe more pics tonight /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Share Your Winter Pics #7  
Robs, you and your family have a beautiful home.
Not to hijack the thread but a quick question...In terms of maintenace are all of the trim and accociated details made of composite materials or are you looking to and repaint every so often (I HATE TO PAINT)?

/ Share Your Winter Pics #8  
Oh and one more thing....how about those Buckeyes!!!!

/ Share Your Winter Pics
Thanks Mega. The house is all vinyl siding with some aluminum trim. I would have preferred fibre-cement as we would have had unlimited color choices but it was much more expensive. The architectural details are foam (plastic) and are painted.

The one area that differs is the porch. It's all wood and all painted. I wanted the right "feel" on the porch. Unfortunately, the floor boards already need a recoat. All else is holding up well.

Buckeyes? GO BOILERS!

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Share Your Winter Pics #10  
here's one of my favorite things to do in Winter:

Attachments

• 778193-snowtractor.jpg
    778193-snowtractor.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,144