JD 955

/ JD 955 #1  

PaulinSD

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1050, JD 955 MFD & Loader
Photo is of newly purchased 1995 JD 955 4x4. Box blade is a 5' Howse. First day out on the job.

Paul

Attachments

• 35-72443-Dcp00261.jpg
    35-72443-Dcp00261.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 274
   / JD 955 #2  
That sure is a nice rig youv'e got their Paul!!!

/ JD 955 #3  
Very nice rig. Is this strictly a "working" tractor Paul? What type of work do you do with it?

Best wishes,

Jim K.

/ JD 955
Thanks, Guys.... my wife and I run a part time commercial mowing business. Our primary account is a developer with 6 subdivisions and 250+- lots total. We mow the un sold lots in the subdivisions, and after the mowing season, do lot clean-ups. We haul off broken concrete, excess fill material and back fill curbs. We also have a JD 1050 that we mow with. Today our offer was accepted on a 10 acre parcel of land, which we hope to build on in the near furture. Looking forward to doing a lot of our own work in the spring.

Paul

/ JD 955 #5  
Beautiful set-up, Paul!

Congratulations on your new land as well.....I'm sure it'll be extra satisfying working your own parcel with that rig!

/ JD 955 #6  
Paul, I also have a '95 JD955. I have the FEL & both R4 tires & turf tires. Bought it last
year & have yet to put the turf tires on. I use it mainly for mowing with the 72" mmm. Do
you have rear weight for when you use the FEL, or do you use your box blade as weight?
I definitely need some weight back there. That tipping feeling is a little scary.

/ JD 955
I use the box blade as weight. I looked at a few different mfg's, and the Howse has 1/4" steel side plates, where a lot of the othes have 1/8". It has worked out well for us, I've run in low range, 4 wheel drive and go for several lots in a row back filling curbs, keep the side plate on the curb, and it fills in nice behind it. I'm far from an expert with it yet, and I'm sure I'll pick up speed and ability as I go.

Really looking forward to working on our own property, we had 80 acres when we lived in Michigan, really miss that!! I kept 44 acres of it mowed with a Ford 3000 diesel and a flail mower.

Paul