Tire chains for Kubota

/ Tire chains for Kubota #1  

john_bud

I built some tire chains for my tractor (under the tutelage of my neighbor, "Chainman"). We moved the tires to the widest position to make putting them on as easy as possible. But with loaded tires, it's a BIG JOB if you don't have the right tools!

Here is a photo of the chains.

John Bud

35-43507-little_tractor.gif

Last edited:
   / Tire chains for Kubota #2  
So -
How did you move those heavy tires? I would like to do the same on my Kubota but without a tire dolly how do you safely do it? On the Kubota the tires need to be removed and the dished center section of the wheel can be turned to push the wheels out farther.

/ Tire chains for Kubota #3  
Nice looking chains. I rebuilt some chains last year to fit my NH1720. Boy talk about some manuel labor.Hope I don't have to do it again for awhile. The best thing that happened to me was I didn't have to move the tires out.
Looks like a future tractor driver is getting some seat time!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Take care,
Al

/ Tire chains for Kubota #4  
Looks good, John Bud!

But, what really caught my attention was your shelter. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I just ordered a "Cover-It", http://www.cover-it.com/ from a local dealer. Is that what you've got? I'm getting a 12'W x 20'L x 10'H round style with their standard fabric. Hoping it will stand-up for a couple of years or untill I get a 3-car garage built! How do you like this thing?

Thanks- Dave

/ Tire chains for Kubota #5  
I've had a "cover-it" for 2 years now that I keep an old pickup under and it still looks like new. I wish I had bought the bigger one - I still need to get a barn built so I can secure stuff but I'm very happy with the way the "cover-it" has held up. I paid $600 for the same size you bought - online from their website.
mike

/ Tire chains for Kubota #6  
Mike,

Thanks a lot for your report! Sounds like this will provide good cover for the tractor and a few other items, especially the tiller which should also fit in w/o problem. My plan is to be able to keep the tractor parked in the shelter with the FEL and rear blade (to be purchased soon) mounted, ready for snow removal. I estimate the length of this set-up to be about 15'-16' long. I had to go with the 10' high model because it has an 8' high opening which I need to be able to clear the ROPS. My cost was $789 before taxes which was slightly less than ordering direct from the factory once shipping was factored in.

Thanks Again- Dave

/ Tire chains for Kubota #7  
Dave,

Do you mind telling me who your dealer is and where it is located. I live in northwestern PA and may also be in the market for a "cover it". I'm putting the pole building on hold until the economy gets better.

Thanks,
MOG

/ Tire chains for Kubota #8  
Mog,

Sure, no problem! But you may want to a search on "Cover-it" or "portable garages" to see if you can find a more local source. Nice too if you need assistance or any optional stuff like a "roll-up kit" for the door. I'll probably get one of those since the opening is 8' high.

Getting mine from: The Red Barn, owner: Charles Farrell, 3109 Rt. 17C, Tioga Center, NY 13845, Tel. 607-687-5133, FAX 607-687-4651

I've only talked to Charles a couple of times but he sounds like a very decent guy and a friend bought a shelter from him a few weeks ago and said the same. He had to order my shelter because he doesn't stock that size. It should be here in about 3-4 weeks. BTW, the factory claims that delivery times will increase significantly by the end of this week. A seasonal rush kind of thing.

Dave