Neighborhood Hawk

/ Neighborhood Hawk #1  

BillG_in_TX

Veteran Member
Tractor
none any longer
I was at home for lunch today and spotted our local Red-tailed Hawk chowing down on a squirrel in my neighbor's front yard (see attachment). He wasn't too concerned with me being "up close and personal" with him. Of course, I was using all 10x of my optical zoom. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's a close-up - and he was keeping a close eye on me!

img25646tj.jpg

Attachments

• 797465-IMG_2555 (Small).JPG
    797465-IMG_2555 (Small).JPG
    93 KB · Views: 344
   / Neighborhood Hawk #2  
Great picture... thats worth framing and hanging on the wall.

They are beautiful and majestic birds. There is one field I bush hog about three time a year and each time I bush hog a Red Tail Hawk sits on a dead tree limb and watches me waiting for me to flush out a rabbit or field mouse.

We also have a solid white hawk that stays close to our house and in flight when the sun hits him...its just an awesome sight.
I was able to film him on VHS tape, but we have so many home movies I can't remember which one.

/ Neighborhood Hawk #3  
What a beauty!!

/ Neighborhood Hawk #4  
AWESOME!!!

/ Neighborhood Hawk #5  
<font color="blue">Of course, I was using all 10x of my optical zoom </font>

That's O.K. They say a hawk has 8X the vision of a human, so it probably had a closeup of you, too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice picture.

/ Neighborhood Hawk #6  
Wow that guy looks focused!! for sure...

Definately great pics /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Neighborhood Hawk
Well, if you want to see "focused", check out this picture. I was starting to get a little nervous at this point. I guess he thought I was after his squirrel. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif See the attachment for the cropped original picture.

804304-Focused.jpg

Attachments

• 804304-Up CLose.jpg
    804304-Up CLose.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 188
   / Neighborhood Hawk #8  
YIKES!!! That STARE or is that a GLARE? which ever it is a little un-nerving , WOW

That must be a really nice camera & You obviously know how to use it, great photo /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Neighborhood Hawk
Thanks for the kudos, Mark. Every once in a while I get some good pictures with the camera. When I don't, it's usually operator deficiency. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Here's another one one that came out pretty good.

Actually the camera is a somewhat obsolete Canon S1-IS, with a 3.2 MP sensor and a 10x zoom lens with Image Stabilization. In the attachment, it's shown with the add-on 1.6x multipler, which makes it 16x optical. I just used the built-in 10x zoom on the hawk.

Attachments

• 804499-Camera.jpg
    804499-Camera.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 170
   / Neighborhood Hawk #10  
Bill, I don't think I've ever seen a camera that could take a picture of itself. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif