good days work

/ good days work
mark i know there are many different pricing schemes for portable mills, i tried bd ft pricing and will do it on only certain jobs. i have settled on a general per hour/day price. on most of the jobs i have used this method the customer has gotten a better deal than they would have per bd ft. i charge $40/ hour on jobs where there is a machine avaliable that can move logs or for customers who i know will be regulars, and $50/ hour for the rest. i have a minimum depending on the haul distance. for my fee i will move the mill as needed, schlep logs lumber or slabs, cover normal blade wear and the first cut into tramp metal, after metal is hit the customer either pays me to scan them or scans them to my liking. i work hard, take only short food breaks, and spend less than 10 min before starting and at lunch to shoot some grease and wd-40 at the mill. charging this way saved two customers 30 per cent over bd ft at 20 cents on pine and 25 on hardwood. i will cut anything i can hold on my mill, from big sticks 40 in dia to little pieces of 4 in pear from someones back yard. my worst count was 800 ft of pine from little baby trees and my best was 4000 ft of 2 inch oak with the customer and his log truck and his two helpers. more help means the more i cut. contact woodmizer for cutters in your area or e-mail me for more info.

James "woody" Mills

Attachments

• 35-75415-P2210024.jpg
    35-75415-P2210024.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 65