running woodmizer

/ running woodmizer #1  

woodmills1

Gold Member
Tractor
kioti LK3054
here is a shot of my last two afternoons work after getting done with teaching. six hours, 7 hemlock logs. the product is on the ground up front. 26 2x10x16 @ $15 each. the slabs are in the forwarder, and yes the mizer is spewing sawdust while i take the picture. the dump has the material that didn't quite make it to 2x10. think building in the spring.

James "woody" Mills

Attachments

• 35-77416-resise1.jpg
    35-77416-resise1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 145
   / running woodmizer #2  
Is that a shot of your place? Did you buy the hemlock logs, or did you cut those yourself? What does a hemlock log cost you to get 4-5 2x10x16 boards out of it?

I have a zillion questions about your operation. I may want to try my hand at doing that as a side business -- if I could figure out how to get started.

Regards,
Dave "Gatorboy" Hoffmann
Fallston, Maryland
sm-gatorhead.gif

/ running woodmizer
gator i have been a teacher for 26 years. i did fire wood from 1984 to 1996 when i bought the woodmizer. i sent in the papers to retire short after next year so i can be the wood guy. check my card and e-mail. http://card.netscape.com/woodmills1

James "woody" Mills

/ running woodmizer #4  
Woody -- Those Woodmizers are incredible! A few years back when Hurricane Floyd knocked over 300+ trees on my hill I dragged all the hardwood trees I could down to the meadow and hired a fellow with a 'Mizer. In one long day he left me with 1800bf of veneer quality rock maple in 8/4 and 2100bf of gorgeous 5/4 black cherry plus a S$%#load of birch, ash, pine and hemlock...at $0.15 per board foot! Sure, an entire bay of my garage and half the dining room is full of carefully stickered lumber. I won't need to buy lumber till I'm old(er) and gray(er)! /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com