Toys and Dog in the Driveway

/ Toys and Dog in the Driveway #21  
Hey Neil

I just got a few quotes to have my driveway 120m (370') black topped, $20,000 Aus. and thats laying it on crushed limestone that I've already put down.

One can dream !!!!

Regards

Chris

/ Toys and Dog in the Driveway #22  
Chris that is a rip-off. I am a Quantity Surveyor (Estimator) and a spray seal should only cost about $15/m2 incl. a base. You must have some flash asphalt in that price !!

Mowed my front lawn yesterday and having got some new dirt in the drive recently, there are rocks everywhere. My only option is to one day spray seal the whole thing, or somehow treat the grass/drive border so I don't get rocks in the lawn.

Ideas ??

Terry - Sorry - OZ means Australia - Aussie - OZ - Get it ??

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>

/ Toys and Dog in the Driveway #23  
Neil

I forget to mention that the quote also included moulded kerbing, and that wasn,t the highest quote by far.

I originally had crushed limestone laid when I was building, but the trouble with that is the finer limestone blows/washes away and it just leaves the larger lumps and becomes uneven and furrowd. I've decided to lift the limestone and lay road base gravel.

Chris

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ChrisR on 10/28/01 04:20 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Toys and Dog in the Driveway #24  
Come on, if you can afford a 3L Hilux you can afford that !

Us 2.8L drivers have to make good with dirt !!

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>

/ Toys and Dog in the Driveway
Thanks for the explanation - got it. Didn't take it literally - Doh!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry