tractor and sawmill

/ tractor and sawmill #1  

kcbarnes

Gold Member
Tractor
TC40D,woods M2050 ztr
It was a nice crisp morning today and I cut a few cotton trees for a guy I work with. The sawmill is a norwood lumbermate 2000 with a 20 horse honda.The shed is a work in progress project that I will finish next spring but at least it will keep the snow off me this winter. The logs were the largest yet with my forks, they worked great.Can't wait till next weekend to do it again.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by kcbarnes on 10/28/01 01:12 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

• 35-78721-milltrac.jpg
    35-78721-milltrac.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 305
   / tractor and sawmill #2  
Envious:
Sure looks like a nice set up. I would like something similar as we have a goodly number of trees that would make nice house lumber.

Egon

/ tractor and sawmill
another view of the mill. It does a nice job for me.

Attachments

• 35-78809-millog.jpg
    35-78809-millog.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 303
   / tractor and sawmill #5  
nice pictures kc. keep on sawing! are you full or part time at it.

James "woody" Mills

/ tractor and sawmill #6  
Just out of curiosity, what's that attachment on the back of your tractor?

Steve

There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very, very few old bold pilots. And they get scarcer every day.

/ tractor and sawmill
The attachment on the back of my TC40D is my version of a farmi winch exept without the winch. I made this to drag out logs to big for the loader and use the bottom part to keep from tipping backwards while I have the nose of the log off the ground. And to woodmills, this is just a hobby, I wish I had the setup you have with your log trailer ect.

Kevin

Attachments

• 35-79085-mywinch.jpg
    35-79085-mywinch.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 252
   / tractor and sawmill #9  
Nice arch you've got there. But that is a real back saver.

Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ tractor and sawmill #10  
would you recomend the Norwood. I have been lookng at them for a couple of months now. My plan is to cut and mill my own logs for a cabin. Maybe do some custom sawing afterwards. Anyone else's input would also be appreciated.