4x4 Photos

/ 4x4 Photos #21  
CBDoc, t'iz all a matter of viewpoint! when you're standin' at the bottom of one of them mole-hills, just knowing ya gotta get to the top, it still looks pretty darn LARGE!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 4x4 Photos #22  
Neil, don't feel bad; some of these northern folks in the US don't know any more about Texas than you do./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I guess you noticed Scruffy's comment about Texas not having mountains, when in fact, I think he knows that Texas has mountains with higher elevation than anything east of the Mississippi River./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif But we do, in fact, have plenty of dust!/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Our state tourist folks call Texas "The Land of Contrast"; the Gulf of Mexico and beaches on the south, pine forests in the east (annual rain of about 45"), the low elevation blackland plains where I am (about 30" of rain), the hill country, the desert (about 15" of rain), then the Guadalupe Mountains in the west, and some cold winters (in spite of hot summers) on the high plains in the northern panhandle.

BirdSig.jpg
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Bird on 11/05/01 06:48 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ 4x4 Photos #23  
Bird, anybody

While back somewhere you guys were talking (Eating Places) Going to Dallas in the morning for a couple of days. Any suggestions on where to go? If its a drive but worth the drive name it. in the mood for some good food..

/ 4x4 Photos #24  
John, I'd like to help you, but really can't. Dallas has grown so fast in the last few years and we haven't eaten out in Dallas hardly at all now in about 12 years, so there are literally an unbelievable number of new places, while at the same time some of my old favorites are no longer there. And then, of course, it also depends on what kind of food you like; steak, barbecue, seafood, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.; they're all available with prices from very reasonable to unbelievable (last I heard, breakfast at The Mansion averaged about $50; don't even want to think about what dinner costs!)./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ 4x4 Photos #25  
Bird: How did you fit 17 years of fishing into only one week?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif

I love the smell of diesel in the morning./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 4x4 Photos #26  
Was that kinda poorly worded, MJB?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Let's see, we actually went down there the Saturday before Thanksgiving and went home the Saturday after Thanksgiving from '73 through '88. Then from '89 (when I retired) through '94, we were usually there for the entire month of November. So, now it's been 7 years since I was down at the coast.

BirdSig.jpg

/ 4x4 Photos #27  
Here are the pictures of my truck. Funny thing is that we actually bought the truck as a commuter vehicle for my wife. We really were only interested in the 4 door pickup thing but I think this was about a year before everyone and their brother started making them, Nissan being the first. Ours is the last of a model type and we had to choose from what was left. It's a Crew cab, long bed, 2wd, 7.3 liter turbo diesel, 22 ft long monster that still will get over 20mpg in the city. I inherited it when my wife needed a car for work to take out clients. I guess she figured the truck didn't exactly give the right impression. Now can somebody help me here, does Toyota offer an actual 4 full size door pickup here in the states yet. Last I knew they didn't.

Jeff

Attachments

• 35-80841-Mytruck.JPG
    35-80841-Mytruck.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 80
   / 4x4 Photos #28  
Jeff,
I don't believe Toyota has one. But why would you want one? You already better mileage than the Toyota with the six cylinder does, you can tow a mountain, well hill Scruffy /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif, it will outlast that Toyota motor and it won't be rusted out in four years. That Ford with the diesel will give you hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles. I'm not saying that the Toyota is a bad rig but it is nothing compared to that Ford that you have.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ 4x4 Photos #29  
Don't want one, just like to keep track of Toyota. Also, Neil's truck in the pictures is a diesel too and I'm pretty sure they don't offer that here either. I bet that gets pretty good mileage compared to the V8 version they sell here. Anyway, my first 6 new cars were all Toyota's back when they put our cars to shame in price as well as reliability. And this was when I lived in Detroit! Back then, even my father inlaw who worked at the GM proving grounds had to admit that you couldn't touch anything American like my wifes new 1984 Toyota 4x4 extra cab pickup for the price we got it for. Well, now our quality is catching up and their prices are ridiculous so I stick to American cars. I got the great white beast for under 30k while a buddy of mine payed just over 30k for an extra cab Tundra V8 which he now regrets as he uses it in his business and the gas mileage is killing him!

Jeff

/ 4x4 Photos #30  
Yep I agree completely with your post Jeff. Actually back in the late 80's Toyota did make a diesel for their pickups. I don't know why they quit making it.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF