Yard Project

/ Yard Project #1  

TerryinMD

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST
Been working on a spot behind our house for a couple of weeks now. Dumb ol' me forgot to take a few before pictures. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Background - The area was full of small trees which needed to be removed. They were hosing up my satellite reception. Dish -1 Trees - 0. Mr Backhoe operator came in and tore out the remaining trees and stumps. So the area looked like a war zone. Stumps here. Trees there. Holes everywhere.

So put on the FEL. Mounted the rear blade and went to town. The JD 4100 lifted the stumps with no problem. I had one box elder stump about 18" across with some clay stuck to it. Lifted it up and dropped it off in "West Virginia". Some of you may know about my "storage area" for things to be burned.

I then used the FEL with toothbar to clean up the remaining roots and rocks. The backblade to smooth and rough level the area. I saw an ad in our local paper. Top soil $5 dollars for 16 cubic yards. $95 to deliver. Such a deal, couldn't pass it up. So, I ordered two truck loads.

This is where the pictures begin. Four shots, left to right.

1. Me moving the tractor so that the trucks could dump their loads. You'll notice the dust rising on the right hand side. Dog having his fun.

2. Directing the truck away from my septic system.

3. Second load being dumped.

4. The next day - after it rained (continued thru Sunday!!) Couldn't get to the first pile. Something to do next weekend.

Terry

Attachments

• 35-85329-YardProject.jpg
    35-85329-YardProject.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 96
   / Yard Project #2  
Terry

It is invaluable top get some before and after shots of projects isn't it. Provided you with something to sit back and enjoy in later years. Also good for impressing people who think you don't do anything.

I know most of our friends consider a yard project to be mowing their lawn and they can't belive what we do.

We looked at a house (to buy) where the owners showed us their photos. Looked like a desert when they bought it !!

Cheers

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue> /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif