Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910

Default Re: My Magnatrac

couldnt you just place a dab of silicone or something similar to keep them from loosening. Then you could still remove the nuts with hand tools if necessary. I did this to my dock hardware because sometime the wave action on the lake would lossen them up. It is waterproof but not permanent.(or expensive)

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7500

I've had a lot of experience working on Triumph and Harley motorcycles. I wouldn't think of putting anything on either of these bikes, rattle traps that they are, without having my industrial sized bottle of blue loctite 242 and can of brakeclean to degrease handy. Not a lot of fun losing parts off a bike when tooling down the open road....sometimes even deadly!!

Jeff

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7500

Paul

I would think that locktite or lock nuts, or several things would help. Don't know all the particulars, but I sent an email to my friend to see if we can get some more detail on it.

Jeff

Me too. In fact, I've worked on a number of things that seem to be in a perpetual state of "slow dissassembly". On my airplane, that could be a serious problem, so critical fasteners have various forms of lock nuts, safety wires, or both.

The GlueGuy

Tractor
    Magnatrac 6000, Ariens GT17

Hey john, just ordered a magnatrac 6000 two weeks ago. I'm goin' stir crazy cause it wont be finished untill mid june....they were majorly backed up, I'll have to envy you for a while. If ya come up with any pointers, give me a heads up as I'm a novice. 'Till now I've been using an Ariens GT17 so I will be moving up in a Major way. Keep me posted. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123