My Magnatrac

/ My Magnatrac #1  

JohninCT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Struck Magnatrac 6000, Kioti DK40SE
Here's a few pix of my new toy... a Struck Magnatrac 6000 diesel. Got only about 15 hours on her so far but have been pleased with it. So far, I've just been clearing brush in the back yard and digging out stumps and rocks to get practice. Boy, do I really enjoy ripping out and running over all that nasty thorn brush.

Later
John in CT

Attachments

• 35-87040-Mag1.jpg
    35-87040-Mag1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,097
   / My Magnatrac
Here's another shot

Attachments

• 35-87041-Mag2.jpg
    35-87041-Mag2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 863
   / My Magnatrac
Another one for the rock pile.

Attachments

• 35-87042-Mag3.jpg
    35-87042-Mag3.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 868
   / My Magnatrac #4  
Looks nice, and a LOT of fun. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

How bad is it on lawn? Does it rip it up bad?

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ My Magnatrac
Diggin around with the hoe.

Attachments

• 35-87044-backhoe.jpg
    35-87044-backhoe.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 760
   / My Magnatrac
Paul

As you might expect, it can do quite a number on the lawn... if you're not careful. I've found that if I make turns keeping both tracks moving, it doesn't hurt the lawn. If I turn tight by turning one track and letting the other slide it will take a gouge /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif In the dirt though it has fantastic maneuverability. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

John

/ My Magnatrac #7  
Give us the stat's on your new toy. HP, weight, cost, digging depth, etc.

/ My Magnatrac #8  
Alright John, Way to go! Now that sure is purdy and clean. Please keep us up to date with everything. Pics, pics, & more pics. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Darin

/ My Magnatrac
Here's a few of the stats on the Magnatrac 6000:

28 HP, 2 cyl, air cooled diesel (Lombardini, Italy). They make industrial engines used mostly in highway construction light towers, etc.
Hydraulic drive. Engine drives 2 hydraulic pumps. One for track drive, one for attahments. Hydraulic motors and heavy duty chains drive the tracks. Oil flow to tracks controlled by two hand operated sticks.
Weight with loader and backhoe is around 5000 lbs.
Loader has about an 8 ft lift and capacity about 850 lbs.
Backhoe has an 11 ft reach and 8 ft digging depth. Lift capacity with the hoe is about 500 lbs. Breakout force for loader is 2300 lbs and hoe 3200 lbs with the buckets.

I've got a 3 pt rear hitch and hydraulic motor power takeoff that goes on in place of the backhoe. Not exactly quick attach, but not all that difficult either. Also, I got a hydraulic angle dozer blade to use in place of the loader bucket.

The total package cost me $28,500.

Like everything, there were plusses and minuses when compared with 4wd compacts. For me, it was the most versatile overall package.

For those interested, check out the Struck web site at
http://www.struckcorp.com

John

/ My Magnatrac #10  
John nice piece of equipment! Looks like it can definetly get some work done!! Where in CT do you live? I`m eagerly waiting the delivery of my Kubota B2910 so I can play in the yard with the rest of you guys /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

Paul in (middlebury) CT