Bleach Burn Out

/ Bleach Burn Out #1  

DAP

Veteran Member
From Orange County NY to Lincoln County ME
Tractor
JD LX288 and a B7800
For those who think there can never be enough horsepower!

Doug

Attachments

• 35-88678-0008i_gag.jpg
    35-88678-0008i_gag.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 572
   / Bleach Burn Out #2  
That's over $100k up in flames.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Bleach Burn Out #3  
I want to hear the story about that one. Marty

/ Bleach Burn Out #4  
DAP,

Any background on this. What happened?

Is that a large square baler behind the MF?

Terry

/ Bleach Burn Out #6  
Talk about spoiling day in the field..yikes. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bleach Burn Out #7  
I can tell you exactly what happened without even knowing the story. The guy was baling straw in a big round baler and some straw got hot and started on fire. I've seen it happen a few times. That stuff is just like gasoline when it gets a flame or spark to it. We always carry two extinquishers when baling straw.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Bleach Burn Out #8  
Does the straw get hot because it gets stuck somewhere in the baler or for some other reason?

sig3.gif

/ Bleach Burn Out #9  
I thought by the looks of the picture the tractor was towing the other unit{tractor etc..} and maybe the tractor over heated the motor or transmission,which came a part than cause the fire.
For the main fire looks to be around the tractor transmission,also flames coming from the rear of the motor.
Now that must be some scary not knowing at any given moment something like that could happen.
Thank for the info.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bleach Burn Out #10  
Tom,
No that's a square baler and I doubt the tractor got hot. If you look at the back end that straw bale is already burned. I imagine you don't see much on the outside of the baler as they usually burn on the inside. I think what you're seeing on the tractor is probably the tires burning. The pickup is right behind there so my guess is that the fire started at the pickup.

Mike,
Usually what happens is the chafe off of there will accumulate and just static electricity or a spark from the pickup can be caused from the metal hitting against metal can set it off. We had it happen to us a couple times when I was back home.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF