Old photo

/ Old photo #1  

cedarranch

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 3430 and Zetor Zebra 2520
Just ran across this old photo of my grandmother. Does anyone recognise what she is on? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 35-95128-mn.jpg
    35-95128-mn.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 143
   / Old photo #2  
David, I'm not sure I'd want to bet on it, but way back yonder, Ford produced a rarely heard of car that you converted to a tractor to work the fields, then back to a car to go to town. And now I've forgotten the years they made them or the models. At any rate, I suspect that's what she was on.

/ Old photo #3  
The farmers in the U.P. of Michigan would make "utility" vehicles (like the picture w/your Grandma) out of old cars. They were called Jukkeris (Finnish) or "Jokers". I have a picture of one around the house here somewhere.

/ Old photo #4  
Around here they're called duddle bugs, chopped down cars/trucks for field work.

My guess with the wooden wheels and the shear volume Henry Ford manufactured it's a Model T, 1920ish, +/- 7 years.

/ Old photo
You got it. As a side note, I was even nick-named after it! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Old photo #7  
Same guess as CedarRanch's photo. Although with the radiator and engine view I am more certain this one's a model T. 4 cylinder, (fyi - 24hp), gravity feed fuel tank, wooden wheels and it looks like a squat Ford T radiator.

/ Old photo #8  
JJT, you seem to know a lot about these old vehicles. Here is a photo of my mother on a piece of equipment I can't identify and remains a mystery because both my parents are gone and nobody in my family can identify the piece. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 35-95306-Ea1_030.JPG
    35-95306-Ea1_030.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 117
   / Old photo #9  
That might be one of the old road graders,and I believe there were used around when the snow roller or snow packers were used on roads.

Like those yesterday photo..send more.

/ Old photo #10  
I'm with Thomas on this one. My guess would be a horse drawn grader, pre 1900.