80 miles from Buffalo

/ 80 miles from Buffalo #1  

Buck

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 790 (2001)
Here's what it looked like from my kitchen widow yesterday 80 miles from Buffalo, near Rochester NY.

I invited Bird up to dig turnips, but he declined.

Buck

Attachments

• 35-97850-rochester.jpg
    35-97850-rochester.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 120
   / 80 miles from Buffalo #2  
Chris,Get ready for the "big storm" that is coming! Since we haven't had any snow yet the weather men are going nuts and saying we are in for a bad one. A whole 3-6 inches..... not even enough to plow. I would like a little snow, just not as much as Buffalo got all at once.

/ 80 miles from Buffalo
Von,

I am waiting! I want to build a snowboard ramp for my son using my FEL!

Buck

/ 80 miles from Buffalo #4  
That sure looks pretty to me, Chris; without the snow./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ 80 miles from Buffalo #6  
Hey, Buck, where are you? I'm in Henrietta. I'm with you... I like having four full-blown seasons.

/ 80 miles from Buffalo
Bird,

I can't say that I'd really not want to be picking radishes and turnips with you Bird, but snow really ain't that bad most of the time.

Afterall you can simply light a fire in your barn like the attached photo to keep warm.

Buck

Attachments

• 35-97894-fire.jpg
    35-97894-fire.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 107
   / 80 miles from Buffalo #8  
Chris,Are son's should get together! my son wants the same thing! He has a few small ramps now and whats a big starter and wants to build a loop if we get enough snow! It would be great to be 11 again!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif He will be going to Bristol this week with the school so that will help to get some of it out of his system.

/ 80 miles from Buffalo
Harv,

You are welcome to my house anytime. Yes, lots of us want snow around here believe it or not.

1) Snowmobiles are a big thing. Farmers and most landowners let people go on thier property without problems making the sport a way to explore things one never has seen.

2) Gives an excuse to stay home from work or school.

3) Makes building a fire a must.

4) If I get out early enough in the morning, I get to really use the FWD of my jeep. (Now, you ought to understand that!)

Buck

/ 80 miles from Buffalo
Mark,

I think I know where you live from your posts. (Creepy?) I live right on the Ontario-Walworth boundary near Webster.

P.S. I got my JD from Ontrac too!

Buck