Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member

Default V8 Cub Cadet

For CC fans, a couple of pics from the dealership.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default Re: V8 Cub Cadet

Is that a nitrous bottle on the back? As if it needed more power yet! Nice looking, not sure I'd want to be in the operators seat.
    Rob
    John Deere 790, 70 FEL, 7 BH, 513 cutter and other fun stuff

Silver Member

I think you are right on the Nitro, I had the pic sent to me so I did not get that close of look.
    I hear you on being in the operators seat. But wait, it looks like it has a MMM. Perhaps with hearing protection mowing an acre or two would'nt be so bad.

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Quote Originally Posted by RobS
    Is that a nitrous bottle on the back? As if it needed more power yet! Nice looking, not sure I'd want to be in the operators seat.
    Hi Rob,
    Looks like nitrous, or compressed air for the operator so he can breath In any event I wouldnt want to be in the operators seat either !
    scotty

,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, John Deere LT150

That is one way to cut down on your mowing time1

Quote Originally Posted by JDGREEN4ME
    That is one way to cut down on your mowing time1
    Might also cut down on your life time.
    Bird

Tractor
    IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel

Someone did a lot of work there. Looks like they are powering drivetrain from the crankshaft (engine appears to be in backwards, starter in first pic is at front of machine, but rear of engine where bellhousing should be). This means that intake or carb had to be turned around so blower intake would face the front. Oil filter is at front of machine, but back of engine. Did anyone else notice this?
    Praise is not something you do to get closer to God, praise is a response to God being close to you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT
    Someone did a lot of work there. Looks like they are powering drivetrain from the crankshaft (engine appears to be in backwards, starter in first pic is at front of machine, but rear of engine where bellhousing should be). This means that intake or carb had to be turned around so blower intake would face the front. Oil filter is at front of machine, but back of engine. Did anyone else notice this?
    The felow who sent me the pic ( owner of the store not the CC) mentioned that the engine was reversed to get the proper rotation for the hydro. When I marveled at putting that much HP thru a garden tractor transmission he noted the owner has competed numerous times ( > 50 don't quote me) without failure. He also mentioned the owner was buiding a 350 with 307 crank that just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

That must be the deluxe model,compare to 1450 I use to have.

Now that's kinda shop anyone who be happy at.

Tractor
    Montana 3040

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT
    The caberator is is a square bore, never turned one around but I do not know why it would not work, it is the same bolt pattern front and back and the same cfm for primarys and secondarys
    Montana 3040

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast