V8 Cub Cadet

/ V8 Cub Cadet #1  

goneandbrokeit

Silver Member
For CC fans, a couple of pics from the dealership.

Attachments

• CUBCADET.jpg
    CUBCADET.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 23,829
  • DSC00036.jpg
    DSC00036.jpg
    800.2 KB · Views: 12,299
   / V8 Cub Cadet #2  
Is that a nitrous bottle on the back? As if it needed more power yet! Nice looking, not sure I'd want to be in the operators seat.

/ V8 Cub Cadet
I think you are right on the Nitro, I had the pic sent to me so I did not get that close of look.
I hear you on being in the operators seat. But wait, it looks like it has a MMM. Perhaps with hearing protection mowing an acre or two would'nt be so bad.

/ V8 Cub Cadet #4  
RobS said:
Is that a nitrous bottle on the back? As if it needed more power yet! Nice looking, not sure I'd want to be in the operators seat.

Hi Rob,
Looks like nitrous, or compressed air for the operator so he can breath ;) :) In any event I wouldnt want to be in the operators seat either !:)

/ V8 Cub Cadet #5  
That is one way to cut down on your mowing time1 :)

/ V8 Cub Cadet #7  
Someone did a lot of work there. Looks like they are powering drivetrain from the crankshaft (engine appears to be in backwards, starter in first pic is at front of machine, but rear of engine where bellhousing should be). This means that intake or carb had to be turned around so blower intake would face the front. Oil filter is at front of machine, but back of engine. Did anyone else notice this?

/ V8 Cub Cadet
BTDT said:
Someone did a lot of work there. Looks like they are powering drivetrain from the crankshaft (engine appears to be in backwards, starter in first pic is at front of machine, but rear of engine where bellhousing should be). This means that intake or carb had to be turned around so blower intake would face the front. Oil filter is at front of machine, but back of engine. Did anyone else notice this?
The felow who sent me the pic ( owner of the store not the CC) mentioned that the engine was reversed to get the proper rotation for the hydro. When I marveled at putting that much HP thru a garden tractor transmission he noted the owner has competed numerous times ( > 50 don't quote me) without failure. He also mentioned the owner was buiding a 350 with 307 crank that just might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

/ V8 Cub Cadet #9  
That must be the deluxe model,compare to 1450 I use to have.

Now that's kinda shop anyone who be happy at.

/ V8 Cub Cadet #10  
BTDT said:

The caberator is is a square bore, never turned one around but I do not know why it would not work, it is the same bolt pattern front and back and the same cfm for primarys and secondarys