Dust!

/ Dust! #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
It seems all of W. Texas has blown into N. Texas. Here is a picture looking northwest from my balcony. The sky is all orange and everything has an eerie glow. Weird!:p

Attachments

• Dust_2-24-07.jpg
    Dust_2-24-07.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 468
   / Dust! #2  
Well that is weird looking. Next thing you know they will be raising your property tax's because the other half of the state has blown into your half. :D

/ Dust! #3  
Afternoon Jim,
That is strange looking ! Almost looks like an ice storm, but I know that cant be possible, or can it ? ;) :)

/ Dust! #4  
Looks like your catching all the dust in your area. It's extremly windy here, with evrything that weighs less than 20 pounds ending up in my small pond, but the sky is blue and pretty out.

Eddie

/ Dust! #5  
Eek... run... it looks like approaching global warming.

mark

/ Dust! #6  
Indeed you folks down there have had some mightly strange weather of late...Sky has almost Steve King story.

/ Dust! #7  
That really is something else! How are your lungs doing these days?

/ Dust! #8  
Yeah, but what Jim (jinman) didn't mention is that this dust storm is following rain.:eek: This morning, I had 66 degrees, a relatively brief shower, and a south wind at 20 mph, gusting to 30 mph. I got about .17" of rain, but the official at the airport was only .13". The clouds blew away and the sun was out before noon. And by 2 p.m., we had a SW wind at 38 mph, gusting to 55 mph and the dust storm.:(

The good news is that my smoker worked in spite of the wind and those baby back ribs were delicious.:) That "eye of round" roast I smoked along with the ribs sure wasn't bad either.;)

/ Dust! #9  
Looks like I spoke too soon. It's 6:20pm and the dust has reached East Texas. It looks like a haze, or maybe smoke. Very strange.

Eddie

/ Dust! #10  
Hey Jinman, been following that dust storm on the satelite images on Weather Underground. Took that dust until about 5:30-6:00 pm to reach us here about 60 miles from the Louisiana border.

No red tinge, sun's gone down, but the whole area looks like there is a significant fog. Smells and tastes like west Texas, no slur intended. :D

Mike