April Snowstorm

/ April Snowstorm
jinman said:
Oh man!...that is just illegal.:eek: We are supposed to get just the edge of the storm and one night of freezing temperatures. It's not a great time to be one of my tomato plants.:rolleyes:

It sure is Jim, but the worse part of it is all of the earth being moved around along with the snow. Just makes a total mess of everything. Also will extend th mud season a week or so. Hope your plants make it through the temperatures! Here I haven't even started the tomato seeds yet! Won't plant them until late May up here.

/ April Snowstorm
shvl73 said:
Well, 8:00 AM and still no power.
Like others, I had taken the snowblower off and set it aside. Yesterday morning I discovered I had parked it in what became 6" of standing water and under trees bent over laden with heavy wet snow.
This morning I am even more thankful for the generator.

I heard the north end of town was out of power yesterday! Although there were a bunch of branches on the ground we never lost power, guess there is a first for everything!

/ April Snowstorm #13  
Same here. Had about a foot of snow last night and I had taken the blower off last weekend and parked it way in back. Plowed with the loader this afternoon. Also got the motorcycle out last weekend for for a ride since it was 55 degrees here. I should have known better. I don't think we'll see much more this year though.

/ April Snowstorm #14  
WayneB said:
I heard the north end of town was out of power yesterday! Although there were a bunch of branches on the ground we never lost power, guess there is a first for everything!

Luckily the country store has a generator, was able to get gas and an egg sandwich this morning.

/ April Snowstorm #15  
We got a good, wet, 8 to 10 inches up here in Tilton. I too took my blower off my tractor just a few days ago...... i think it was one of those 55 degree days ! We didn't lose power from the storm, but strangely, we lost power for about 6 hours a few nights earlier from a sub-station going down. Strange sight the whole town being pitch black. I'm thinking i won't get any grief from Whats-Her-Name when i do buy a generator. Since heat won't be an issue, i'm thinking something big enough to run the fridge, some lights, TV.... maybe the microwave. Don't want to get too crazy.

/ April Snowstorm #16  
Where is Al Gore when we need a warm up!

/ April Snowstorm
SCDolphin said:
Where is Al Gore when we need a warm up!

Last I heard h was driving around in a Tahoe SUV telling me to car pool and save gas!

/ April Snowstorm #18  
WayneB said:
Last I heard h was driving around in a Tahoe SUV telling me to car pool and save gas!

Mornin Wayne,
Heck I could have sworn someone said Al was flying around in his private jet, but still telling me to carpool ! :( :confused:

Yep, we definitely have a severe case of global warming going on, I just restarted the woodstove again ! :eek:

/ April Snowstorm #19  
I guess that I will pay some April carbon taxes... I'm burning coal again! Only about one inch of snow on the ground.

mark

/ April Snowstorm
scott_vt said:
Mornin Wayne,
Heck I could have sworn someone said Al was flying around in his private jet, but still telling me to carpool ! :( :confused:

Yep, we definitely have a severe case of global warming going on, I just restarted the woodstove again ! :eek:

Scotty, isn't it hard to take at times! We was in New Hampshrie some years ago speaking on conserving energy, car pooling and less driving to help say gas! Outside was a fleet of seven or eight SUV's all Black loaded with SS oh I mean Secrete Service people. They completely closed down the interstate so he could make it back to the airport. Then I was told the vehicles were all taken to logon t be transported to the next stop.