firewood processor

/ firewood processor #1  

woodmills1

Gold Member
Tractor
kioti LK3054
I mentioned my processor on the firewood string, so here it is. It is a chomper from rainelle hydraulics. It uses a shear instead of a saw. i bought it to clean up slabs from my sawmill, but it will shear, and half split, just under 10 inch green hardwood, though it doesnt like the standing dead stuff much over 6 inches. this was his prototype for this particular model, as i wanted one and they didnt sell so well he didnt have any on hand, so i bought this from him. rainelle hydraulics makes many models larger than this, but i liked this one because the infeed is sloped so gravity does the work, and the conveyor will load the truck. it also has a hydraulic winch for heavier longer logs that can be fed with the infeed horizontal. pretty slick i say.

Attachments

• 35-107269-resizeprocessor.jpg
    35-107269-resizeprocessor.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2,305
   / firewood processor #2  
Looks cool. Kinda hard to see in the shade though. I take it the wood only goes onto the conveyor after it is chopped? In other words, the path of travel in the picture would be from right to left?

SHF

/ firewood processor #3  
We'll have to take you for your word, that that processor is in that picture somewhere. Does it have camo paint on it? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ firewood processor #4  
Woody you sure do have "All the gear" when it comes to wood and cutting and stuff??

By the way, where did you get the name "Woody" /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif I have no idea !!!

Cheers

/ firewood processor
yes right to left in the picture. the infeed on the right can be elevated hydraulicly and gravity feed in small and short logs.
I started cutting fiewood in 1986 with a pickup. soon went to a dump then a 4x4 dump. got my woodmizer in 96 and have been gearing up to do the wood thing full time sarting at the end of the 2002-2003 school year. i am taking an early type retirement after 26 years teaching, but only 20 in a retirement system. I got the processor 3 years ago and the tractor this past summer. along the way i picked up a case 310g dozer and two koetter dry kilns that are not yet running. by the way non of this stuff was new. i am always amazed at the bargains you can get from people who lose interest or buy the wrong stuff. I try to look for low hours and so far have gotten good deals that didn't need tons of repairs. i will try for a better picture of the chomper with out so much cammoshade.

/ firewood processor #6  
Woody,
Have you seen the firewood processor sold by Baileys---www.baileys-online.com---it is made by Blockbuster and looks like a real slick set up. Of course when the processor/conveyer combo runs $23,500 you have to process a lot of firewood./w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

MarkV

/ firewood processor #7  
try this out... little easier to see.

That looks really cool. I'd love to see one in action.

/ firewood processor #8  
sheesh. the site seems to be dropping attachments an awful lot, lately

Attachments

• 35-107338-processor.jpg
    35-107338-processor.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 2,558
   / firewood processor #9  
Nice looking setup,and you even thought about the shade factor during the warm months.

Have you seen the Norse firewood processor..dang thing seems to do it all.
Hook the unit up to a fel w/hyd,than slide the log into it,than place log in a up right w/ the Norse attachment at the bottom,than the log feeds its self..cut of the lenght you want..splits than falls into a pile or what you plan on useing to haul the split wood with.

Windy Ridge Corporation
Rte 25
Tamworth,NH

Email: oeigland@online.no
Phone: 1-800-639-2021

They have alot of information.

/ firewood processor #10  
Woody,
I am looking to buy my own kiln. Currently I pay to have lumber dried in someone elses kiln. Which works ok, but the hauling the lumber to and from the his kiln is a pain. Also his kiln if very difficult to load and unload. It is located in the back of his shop. So you have to hand carry every board all the way through the shop. Plus it doesn't have a rollout cart, you have to crouch over and carry the lumber through a short, narrow kiln door while trying to dodge the internal heating unit.

Are there companies that sell used kilns?
Or did you buy them from private party locally?

What is the price of a 600 to 1000 bf Koetter kiln new? used?