Knotwyrk Farm

/ Knotwyrk Farm #11  
Glad your dreams are coming true for you and your wife. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Start a photo ablum..scrape book and take alot of pictures for the years to come.

/ Knotwyrk Farm #12  
35-107742-nealtbn.gif

I just saw your new signature... very sharp...

Just an idea... on page one put a different picture than page two... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Knotwyrk Farm #13  
Did they just decide to bring the truck or did they tell you ahead of time they would need it? They told me they would need the truck or I would have to build ramps for a regular truck to back up. The pumper added about $750.00 to the cost. Ramps would have been steeper! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Sorry, couldn't help the bad pun. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

SHF

/ Knotwyrk Farm #14  
Here 'tis.

35-109004-nealtbn1.gif

Attachments

• 35-109004-nealtbn1.gif
    35-109004-nealtbn1.gif
    5 KB · Views: 64
   / Knotwyrk Farm #15  
That looks great Mike...

Someday... I'll find some time to learn to do that...

Thanks... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Knotwyrk Farm #16  
Wow

Mike you are one smick hand at those signatures.

John - Mike set mine up for me, so I can't take one scrap of credit for it, as slick as it is !!!!!

So mike, every time you change it, I don't have to do anything do I??

Love it !!!!!

Cheers from Down Under.

PS - I am about 1000 miles from Sydney so don't get too excited. I am closer to the desert than the Big Smoke !!!

Cheers

/ Knotwyrk Farm
Since the house is built into the side of the hill it would be really hard to maneuver the cement trucks around, yet still have the foundation be downhill for the cement to flow. I've seen some pretty long extension chutes run off cement trucks, but that is more work and slower pouring. I'm sure my builder used the pump since in the long run it would be cheaper.

This is the first year I can remember that the ground hasn't been frozen in February, and most of the lakes in Southeast Michigan aren't frozen over. There were some significant ruts made in the "temporary" driveway, and the mud would make the hillside driving even more difficult.

/ Knotwyrk Farm #19  
DocHeb

We got the same thing up here in NW Michigan. They poured my barn slab last November and the drive is still torn up. The cement truck got stuck, so the contractor used his backhoe to try to pull the truck out, but got the hoe stuck too. An hour and a half later, another cement truck pulled them out. The drive gets better for a week or two and then thaws out again and it's back to the slop.

Another advantage to the pump truck is (according to my cement guys) the water level is raised slightly to enable a better flow and apparently is nearer to an "optimum" water/cement mix for pouring, since they are better able to vibrate the forms and settle the mix. (or, at least that's what they told me to sell me on the idea.)

SHF

/ Knotwyrk Farm #20  
Yep a wet mix is easier to place for the concretors.

Normally there is only a certain amount of water allowed, but when pumping, the concrete is wetter so they love it !!

Cheers