How about the Valve Cover Gasket

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
As my engine is only 20 hours old or so, I will need to do a valve gap check this summer. So, where do I (if it has one) get a gasket for this engine? Napa?

Also, any tricks on changing out the fuel filter on the Deutz? I think it is screw off / screw on without bleeding the system?

Thanks guys...

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #2  
woodlandfarms said:
As my engine is only 20 hours old or so, I will need to do a valve gap check this summer. So, where do I (if it has one) get a gasket for this engine? Napa?

Also, any tricks on changing out the fuel filter on the Deutz? I think it is screw off / screw on without bleeding the system?

Thanks guys...
I got my gasket from a Duetz distributor--about $8 for the 45 HP version.

There is no bleeding of the fuel system necessary after changing the fuel filter. I suggest you try to put a container under it when removing it because a fair amount of fuel will spill out.

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #3  
woodlandfarms said:

Thanks guys...

Somewhere along the line I determined that the early valve clearance check was not required on my 1845. I don't remember where I got that info, but there are some conflicting books. Anyone checked with Deutz?

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #4  
Charlie_Iliff said:
Somewhere along the line I determined that the early valve clearance check was not required on my 1845.

Funny, I determined that too, simply by being too lazy to check the valves on a new machine:) It's going to be tougher to justify not doing the 1,000 hour check.

Sedgewood

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #5  
Charlie_Iliff said:
Somewhere along the line I determined that the early valve clearance check was not required on my 1845. I don't remember where I got that info, but there are some conflicting books. Anyone checked with Deutz?
According to the Duetz Operation Manual that I received when I purchased the tractor the check and adjustment as necessary for valve clearance is once at 50-150 hours and every 1000 hours thereafter.

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #6  
Sedgewood post
post_old.gif
05-29-2002, 12:36 PM has info as to where valve adjustments schedule originated. It was during an exchange with Charlie Iliff.:p ;) .

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #7  
Sedgewood said:
Funny, I determined that too, simply by being too lazy to check the valves on a new machine:) It's going to be tougher to justify not doing the 1,000 hour check.

Sedgewood

Oh! Now the truth comes out. You and Charlie were just going to sit back and let me be the only dummy that didn't do the 50 hour check.

/ How about the Valve Cover Gasket #8  
RegL said:
Oh! Now the truth comes out. You and Charlie were just going to sit back and let me be the only dummy that didn't do the 50 hour check.

I think they really HAVE forgotten more than I'll ever know!:D :confused: I started reading the wisdom of these two (and many others) years ago. This forum is the ONLY reason I now have a PT. I never would have taken such a leap of faith otherwise!:p
Bill