Wheel Motor for 425

/ Wheel Motor for 425 #1  

tlb13057

Tractor
PT425 (2003)
Does anyone know the White Hydraulics part number for the Wheel Motors on a PT425 built in 2002? From the White Hydraulics website it looks like a "CE" series motor. The PT part number is P142X14.
Thanks,
-Tim

/ Wheel Motor for 425 #2  
It's 400230W3122AAA per earlier reports here.

400 = normal rotation (i.e. timing)
230 = 14.2ci
W31 = 4-Hole Front Ports, 7/8" O-ring
22 = 1.25" tapered shaft
A = Dark Metallic Gray paint
AA = no options or add-ons

Last edited:
   / Wheel Motor for 425
Thanks. I did a seach using "wheel motor" and "high torque wheel motor" but did not find anything yet on the newer motors. If you can suggest another keyword to use I would appreciate it.
-Tim

/ Wheel Motor for 425 #4  
I sent an email from the White Hydraulics website and asked for there current designation for my tiller motor and they replied with the new designation. They said they do not have a web site that cross references the old numbers to the new models.

Dale

/ Wheel Motor for 425 #5  
tlb13057 said:
Thanks. I did a seach using "wheel motor" and "high torque wheel motor" but did not find anything yet on the newer motors. If you can suggest another keyword to use I would appreciate it.
-Tim
I found where I'd written it down -- I did have the White spec books with me... I was editing my earlier post when you replied, it seems...

/ Wheel Motor for 425
Great, I also found your ealier post with the information. I am wondering about the W31 designation. Should it be W38? W31 is 7/8 O-ring and W38 is 1/2 BSP, whatever that means.

Do you know what this sells for? PT wants $487 plus shipping.

Thanks,
-Tim

/ Wheel Motor for 425 #7  
tlb13057 said:
Great, I also found your ealier post with the information. I am wondering about the W31 designation. Should it be W38? W31 is 7/8 O-ring and W38 is 1/2 BSP, whatever that means.

Do you know what this sells for? PT wants $487 plus shipping.

Thanks,
-Tim
I don't know first-hand what it is -- I'm just passing on the number posted here by someone else long ago. My PT has the older White RS 12.5ci motors on it...

I'm guessing you should be able to get them from a distributor for about $75 - $100 less (ballpark) than the price you mentioned...

When shopping for Eaton Char-Lynn motors to upgrade mine, the best prices (by far) that I found were from SophTech at Welcome to SophTech Worldwide

I'm not sure if they handle White motors or not...

BTW, White should be able to cross-reference that number for you. What I found out dealing with Eaton is that the real long numbers are the "parts buildup or configuration" to have a motor custom-built. Once someone orders a certain configuration, a separate smaller part number is created that equates to the longer number. I think that shorter part number is what you have, while the long one I provided is the "special order configuration."

/ Wheel Motor for 425
OK, called a distributor and got a price quote of $301 plus shipping ($12). Problem is delivery............4 weeks because they build to order!!

Next time I'll keep a spare in the garage!
-Tim

/ Wheel Motor for 425 #9  
tlb13057 said:
OK, called a distributor and got a price quote of $301 plus shipping ($12). Problem is delivery............4 weeks because they build to order!!

Next time I'll keep a spare in the garage!
-Tim
Talk about a big markup!

Yep. I was quoted 4-6 weeks for Eaton S-series. Well, 6 weeks later I finally received one, and the other 3 were back-ordered an additional 3 weeks... 9 weeks total.

Consequently, I didn't get the mod done while I was there (TN, where the tractor is stored) on vacation... :mad:

/ Wheel Motor for 425 #10  
Just got another quote from hydraulicsuperstore.com via email for $287.08 pluss shipping and 3 week lead time. Better, but suspect as the other dealer said all motors are built to order and the factory is quoting 4 weeks.

-Tim