Lackender Mini Hoe for my PT 1850

/ Lackender Mini Hoe for my PT 1850 #1  

SpringHollow

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1850, NH 2120
Back in the Spring, I purchased a Lackender Mini Hoe (www.lackender-fab.com). The frost line here is down 48" so I needed a mini hoe with a greater depth capacity than PT's. The plate did not quite fit my PT but I finally modified it so I could use it. I am installing a Wood Doctor boiler and needed to dig about 120 -130' of trench (including some branches for electric to a barn, etc.) that was about 36" deep. I used a 12" bucket. The soil was quite rocky but there were no huge boulders. I was very happy with how well the mini hoe performed. It took about 9 hours of tractor time but I thought that was reasonable given that I had to run along side buildings and had to dig a couple of branch ditches, both of which slowed me down. I am sure someone who knew what they were doing could have done much better. The mini hoe seems to very well built. I have not used the thumb I had him attach to the mini hoe.

Here's a link to my page showing the mini hoe and the ditch:

USA Discount Generators - Standby and Portable Gillette Generators

Ken

/ Lackender Mini Hoe for my PT 1850 #2  
Ken, Glad to hear your Lackender Hoe worked well for you. I bought one for my 1845 a few years ago with thumb and two buckets.

Unfortuantely the few times I really could have used it, it was quite obvious the ground was going to be too tough....ended up being a challange for a CAT 426. Had to do a new 100 ft of water line & electric service to a new garage.

So..... if any one interested I have a never-used Lackender Baby-Boomer Series II Hoe on a 1845 mounting plate, with hyd bucket, thumb, 8" smooth edge and 12" tooth buckets.